1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do some people even have children?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by twilight, Apr 21, 2007.

1. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

Why have children if you are not going to even act like you love them? My parents have always only treated me and my brother as a burden. :sad: This is something I would really like to know.

2. Pneuma

Pneuma Guest

I was treated as a miserable burden as well. I think in my mother's case she was too religious (she's catholic) and thus felt she couldn't live with the guilt of having an abortion.

3. lebigmac

lebigmac Well-Known Member

I was basically my parents' pet. For many years, I contemplated killing them and then myself. The way I see it, if you're going to bring a human being into this shitty world, you at least owe it to *him/her to make *his/her life as easy as possible.

*god dammit I wish there was a pronoun substitue for him/his/her

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  4. becky82

becky82 Well-Known Member

I wish I could give an answer to that question. I guess some people dont realise how hard its going to be, or they cant cope with the guilt of having an abortion or putting them up for adoption. I was treated like shit and like a burden by my parents too so i do know where your coming from.

Becky

5. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Cause its nature and you can try but you cant defeat your own nature.