why do the thoughts remain?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lost_child, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

What would you do if you constantly had su thoughts, and I don't mean they pop in your mind and then go within a second..Everyday the thoughts are there..some days stronger then others, some days you act...the thoughts of death just don't seem to stop..constently there and its tiring. People keep telling me, it will get better, that its a cry for help, someone said I was content on killing myself but not full blown su, but gradually so it doesn't look like su.

last night I was at AnE, my bloods came back ok but I was told I was not out of danager, i've also been told that since my last function tests they are signs of detoriation and if I continue well yeah....so why the moment I got back to the house, went to my room and saw tablets did I want to take them, during the night when i woke up every 30 minutes or so was the first thought the same, this morning the same?

What is it I'm doing that keeps the su thoughts from never going, always being there (ok, they might disappear for a few hours if i'm lukcy, but in the back of my mind its there)

I don't know what to do.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Lost Child,
    I too have suicidal thoughts everyday.. I have learned to address them first thing in the morning and tell them NO YOU WON"T HAVE ME TODAY!! Then I am able to set them aside for the day. Sure they pop in my head during the day sometimes but I just repeat my morning ritual and set them aside again..
    My doctor has finally found a med that helps.. It's for skyzophrenia.. I'm not skyzo but the med combined with the other meds I take is starting to help..I have the thoughts still but I now know I won't act on them..My therapist tells me I will probably have them the rest of my life but I can learn to deal with them..Between seeing her, taking my meds, and coming to the forum I am able to cope..When you see your shrink again ask him what he thinks about you taking a med for skyzophrenia.. I don't know if I can give you the name on here so I won't..Hopefully you will find the releif you need from these constant thoughts.. Take care!!
  3. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

even if I try to tell the thoughts, not today...there's that voice that says "YES, it will help, its what you want, do it, stop the hurt your causing to others, stop the pain, you want out ~ do it"...sometimes just taking enough pills to make me dizzy and so on is enough to ease the thoughts. I'm not sure when I'm seeing my p/doc she is meant to be calling me this week so I will mention this to her. thank you for your reply.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.