why do they do it...

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by eih, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eih

eih Well-Known Member

Why do bullys do what they do... I've heard alot of reasons... like trying to look cool in front of others.. or because they have a poor self image of themselves or somthing... I just don't get it... it really hurts ... how could a human being be so mean to another person who didn't even do anything to them in the first place.. I mean.. I'm a really shy kid.. I mind my own bussiness as much as I can... I guess I'm just so shy and ugly and fat that people have to pick on me.. I hate them... and still after year and years of getting bullied... elementry through highschool.. it still really effects me.... maybe worse now than it did before...:sad: it wasn't enough he had to tell me I was stupid and worthless.. but then my uhm.. 'friend' started kicking me and punching me and alot of other things... :sad: I didn't do anything to him.. I tried to be nice to him and all I get is him calling me a fucking ****** and hit me.... :sad: as if I didn't have enough trouble with that kinda thing at home.. none of my other friends stopped him from doing it... i guess I'm just that worthless to them.. I hate myself...

2. Freddy

Freddy Guest

Bullies are a-holes.

What I recommend that you do is to tell your principle and let them sort it out.

I suggest also you take up Brazillian jujitsu, muay thai or judo so you can fight back. But for now let someone know whats going on.

3. Jackson

Jackson Guest

Don't hate yourself because of them. There's no acceptable reason for doing what they do. A lot of it probably has to do with the crowd mentality(looking cool, joining in). It takes bravery to stand alone against something, and obviously these people are chickenshit. Again, you're not worthless -- they are just cowards.

4. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

They do it because they are sick and find pleasure in other's pain. They think it's fun and do it for the laughs. Also to show off to their friends to see how far they can get with it. Kind of like a game to them I guess to see who can be the meanest.

5. Tigerstripe

Tigerstripe Guest

Bully's do what they do because quite simply they don't care about what they do to you to raise their own self esteem and make them seves feel better. Bullys are simply put carless bastards, in groups mob mentality takes over and they just think because your vunerable they can strike, Like scavangers do. They are mean and they make you feel like shit intentiona;y for their own means.
    Now if your friends arn't helping and infact hitting you the they obviously are no better than the bullies, Bullies are worthless and when you stand up to them two things will happen either they shall fight or more likely back down. i recommend telling someone about what is going on and just try to keep "below the radar" by steering clear of where the bullies know you'll be.

Take care

Tigerstripe

6. goingmobile

goingmobile Active Member

Uhm well I know I bully people because I'm in a bad mood. And it's easier to snap during class about how raunch they are and how they should shut up than to confront my being upset. So, don't all jump to the conclusion that all bullies are heartless pricks. Because you're wrong. They may have worse lives than many of you claim to have. I know it's hard, but keep in mind that they're worse off than you are. Believe me- they feel miserable. About themselves- and believe it or not, about being mean to others.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2007
  7. eih

eih Well-Known Member

thank you all for the replys...

8. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

I have been both bullied and have bullied myself, when i was at school.
    Bullying has to do with the pleasure of being powerful. i was kind of an outsider at school, ranking very low in the "food chain" so to speak. From a certain age I started to get bullied. I recovered, changed schools and after that there have been occasions of me being bullied, but in general I was accepted in some way (because of adapting the right pose first, but afterwards because I appeared to have some qualities that were deemed worthy in my peer group, like a sense of humour and a little artistic talent). After I got bullied, I don't think the desire was there before, I started to get a kick out of abusing the defenseless people who were below me in the "food chain". I used to get a real joy out of it. I think someone who is not very powerful and finds he can manifest power in a cowardly way that does not involve risk (to a defenseless person) will do this when he gets the chance. (I think this applies to certain personality types only, not everyone.)
    From a certain age, let's say 15 or 16 I didn't feel the need to bully anymore. I started getting interested in other things, and I was accepted by the group, so there was no need for me to manifest my power on the defenseless. I started to empathise with the victim. Now I regret it very much, but also think that it was something stronger than myself.

My advice is: show yourself to be defenseless and the bullying will not cease. The bullying goes on because it is possible, because you're an easy victim. The message is simply: defend yourself. Don't worry about making a fool of yourself. Sometimes you have to make a fool of yourself for a short time.
    Develop the things in you that could make you accepted, or stop caring. A sense of humour can do wonders.

9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

It usually helps to say something like, "Look, I don't know what your problem is with me but if you really want to get into it then why don't you just throw the first punch?" 99% of the time they will make some stupid joke and walk off. Once you cease to be an easy target, bullies lose interest. They don't want to get into a fight, they just want someone to pick on. The absolute worst thing that will happen is the guy will actually punch you and you get into a fight. Whether you win or lose, you have established that you are not an easy target, and for anyone considering bullying you in the future, that is not conducive to what they are going for. No bully really wants to fight.

10. bipolarbiped

bipolarbiped Active Member

Bullies are worthless and when you stand up to them two things will happen either they shall fight or more likely back down.
    Take care

Tigerstripe[/QUOTE]

Unlike the beasts of the wild, the many cruel varieties of human monsters, when at last cornered, seldom fight with greater ferocity. Instead they reveal the cowardice at the core of their brutality.

11. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

As someone who gets bullied a lot- I can tell you it sucks.

But what sucks even more is having a good friend just stand by when someone's trying their hardest to bring you down. And they just sit there, pretending not to pay attention when Bully is screaming at me from across the gym...

"Pisces, you're so stupid!"
    "Pisces, get off the bleachers, your knee doesn't hurt you fucking liar!"
    "Pisces, what the hell are you doing?"
    "Pisces, what the hell is your problem?"

It's always Pisces this, Pisces that.... I AM SICK OF IT.

But I'm even more sick of my friend just standing there- and this has occured since September. And anytime I'm getting bullied, he just looks at me. They all just stand by..........

Bullies suck. I say fight back with your words. I told my bully to that he had his head shoved up his ass, and my Spanish teacher actually started laughing.

It made me feel pretty much elated for the remainder of class.

12. danni

danni Chat Buddy

bully are alot of things,monster,a*holes,crule there all those things.

But why do they do it, I think cause they want to show who the boss to other kids, or had a bad life when there were growing up and dont know how to get rid of all those emotional so they go up to people and pick on them. Bullies are mean but deep down there sad and looking for help some how but dont want to ask for it. Tell your teacher about what they have done and they will handle it.

13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

They do what they do for various reasons. I think bullies are often redirecting the anger they feel at being victimized by someone who is stronger than they are onto someone weaker them themselves.

I was picked on constantly in school. I was also shy and quiet. It's always the shy, quiet kids who get picked on by the bullies. They're the problem. Not you. They're looking for whom ever seems like the least likely person to fight back so they can take out their aggressions on them.

I do understand. At my school, the teachers and principals and so forth were no help at all. I don't know if they didn't believe me or if they just didn't care. And of course, when you ask for help, the bullies love it.

You have my sympathy. But you shouldn't hate yourself. Because it isn't your fault. You didn't do anything wrong.

14. thething912

thething912 Well-Known Member

Bullies are bullies because they have some horrible in thier life are they or on drugs or malicious, stupid, and immature.

I know this bully at my school he's really immature and stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.