why do we get paranoid ?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by assek, Oct 19, 2010.

1. assek

assek Well-Known Member

would really appreciate thoughts on this ...

for example, if i ever write something ( not on here ) and no one replies i immediately think, i am not liked.
    if someone deletes me of facebook, i keep thinking why ?
    why dont they like me ? what have i said wrong ? what have i done ?

this might seem like something really silly, but to me this is a big issue. i wish i wasnt so paranoid.
  2. AnotherFallenStar

AnotherFallenStar Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I know it happens to me all the time. Same exact stuff and a bunch of other things I take way too personally. I'm not really up to admitting them though.
    It's more of being insecure with yourself. Me? I've extreamly insecure. Which is why I take little things like that really personally.
  3. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same at times... It's amazing that there are so many on these forums that have the exact same feelings as me... It's been a real eye opener on here for me the last few days... If people ignore you or delete you from their friends list (which to be honest is pretty petty) you have to tell yourself it is down to their ignorance and nothing to do with you. I know this is hard but most of the time it is the truth. My motto is 'treat others as you wish to be treated' I always do my best to stick to this. The people who count will stick around those who don't won't (Hey that rhymes!). At the the end of the day it's their loss for not wanting your friendship. You are by no means 'silly' for feeling this way as at some point I guess we all feel the same.
  4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

It's mostly the result of lack of confidence, low self esteem and insecurity.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think it is because it hurts to think noone can see us or hear us and being deleted from someones facebook or email it is like deleting us
    Sometimes you have to understand though it is the person on the otherside that is insecure afraid of having a friend that is why they delete everyone it is part of their illness.
    Try not to get too upset okay because there could be many reasons Paranoid well that is the old insecurites coming through the old msgs from others that make us paranoid
    I think we all feel a little paranoid it is just a part of being sensitive perhaps.