Why do women actually get depressed?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MyCatWillMissMe, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyCatWillMissMe

MyCatWillMissMe Well-Known Member

Just really wondering since everything about life is so much easier for women other than the act of giving birth.

I guess I'm curious since everything about relationships is a million times harder for guys. I get passed up for career advancement over women because of equal opportunity horseshit where not enough women do security work so the ones that do get free rides through life.

Seems like all a woman has to do is not be fat, brush their teeth, and have some remote semblance of cognitive function and you basically win the game of life. How hard can that really be? If I was a woman all I would do is exercise and date rich guys until I found a nice one.

Not trying to create a sexist debate but just legitimately wondering. Everybody had a mean mom or a bad relationship or was lied to by someone close etc, those aren't unique for being depressed.
    Thauoy and Raphael1 like this.
  2. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Wow. You are saying some very wrong things.
    That is some sexist stuff right here.
    Why do you even have the need to divide people on earth as female and male and then judge that way?

Also why are you trying hard to underestimate others problems?

Why are you trying to make it a "suffering race"?
  3. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Also if you are so into it, then you try to find a rich man or woman and date with him or her.
    Women are into creating their own lifes unlike you.
  4. I'm just going to assume you're in a bad mood and have some bitterness issues when it comes to women. Nobody's perfect. Just don't be surprised when this thread gets deleted.
    Khvde likes this.
  5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Relationships are not 'much harder' for guys - I think that the issue is that they are possibly 'much harder' for you, which isn't overly surprising if this thread exemplifies your attitude toward women.

I am locking this thread. If you want to understand 'why women get depressed' then I suggest you spend some time actually reading the forums and attempting to exercise some empathy and examining your own shitty attitude.
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Just wow.. Clearly you have never looked at any type of statistic for anything about women in workplace for hiring, for advancement, or pay. And apparently are the type that automatically believes if a woman gets a position it is due to equal opportunity or sleeping with somebody and would never consider the idea that just maybe it was because they worked harder or were better than you.

Or perhaps relationships where 20% of all violent crime is committed against women - by the man they are in a relationship with.... or just the fact that social standards say if a man has sex with 3 partners in a week he is virile and cool and if a woman has sex with 3 partners in a lifetime she must be a slut.... and every woman only wants money or success and will only date the men that can provide riches while she lies on the sofa eating bontons (oh yea- I forgot- also must have a huge penis or the woman will leave him - so long as on the stereotypes of absolute neanderthal nature)..

Perhaps look at the statistics that show women are judged 5x as much based on looks as men, an overweight man is seen as prosperous and an overweight woman is seen as lazy....

Perhaps just some facts about depression - that women suffer from depression at near double the rate of men and are 3x as likely to attempt suicide...

Nobody gets a free ride through life- period. The one in 10 million chance of being the ultrarich child of celebrity or billionaire perhaps excluded though are plenty of those people in psych offices and attempting suicide as well as very likely to be drug/alcohol addicted-...

Blaming others for issues and and believing others have an easy life is a convenient way to exonerate yourself of all personal responsibility for where you are in life as well as to excuse yourself from making effort to change it- and it is very common -especially among any that are suffering from depression- but it is also unhealthy and sometimes it is also just plain offensive. This is one of those times and this thread is closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.