Why do women sleep around

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Mightbehere, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Well I was talking to this ass online and he said how he goes to bars and score and how in nightclubs there are heaps of silly girls that you can take home and screw after you give them a little chat up. hmm I was wondering though what on earth would make a women want to act like a whore or to have meaningless sex with random strangers where there is no emotional attachment and they are simply using you and a bin for there deposits.

Wh would women sleep around in the first place since the guy's don't give to shit about them and just want sex, I guess in this forum probably isn't the best place to ask but it puzzles me why they'd allow themselves to be used.

2. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

No offense intended, but...

3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I've done that for a while. Go out into bars and mess about with anyone who wanted to 'use me' really. For me it was a reaction to something I've been through. At that time my thoughts were along these lines:
    "my body has been used by men already, without my consent, I might as well give them what they want, as my body apparently is the only thing they want from me."
    It's complicated really, and I guess it's different for everyone. But that's how it worked for me when I basically 'wanted to act like a whore or to have meaningless sex with random strangers where there is no emotional attachment', as you call it.
    Though I do not like the term 'whore' in here, or at all really. It's denigrating. :dry:

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

and then i turn around and ask you this: Why do men only want sex? Why do they sleep around and act like male whores? You can't pose this argument without posing it the other way around to. You seem biased and seem to only think women can act sexually fueled but it goes both ways. So, don't call women whores with all calling men whores.

5. UpForAbbey

UpForAbbey Guest

I agree with the people above me that you seem biased. I realize that not all men are "pigs", but did it ever occur to anyone that not all pretty women are "whores"? (Thats in general, not directed towards anyone). Here is my two cents, whether other's agree to it or not.
    Women like to be loved. We like to feel loved. We like to feel needed. We like to feel close to someone. Most women who "sleep around" need something much more than sex. They need to be needed. And sex and having someone with them makes them feel needed, wanted, loved. I say this from experience and not from theory. This doesn't apply to everyone.
    -abbey

6. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I agree not all men are pigs and not all women are whores. Personally I would never go around to clubs and what not and just use a girl for sex because to me sex is something you share with someone you care about and have an a deep emotional connection with. The girls who do "sleep around" are doing it because they wanted to feel needed to. It does not apply to everyone some girls are self destructive and want their bodies to be used and some just enjoy sex that's all there is to. But to say that women who sleep around are whores is very untrue and slightly biased.

7. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Women and men that hook up only at clubs are all whores.

8. ~PinkElephants~

Or just drunk and beyond realizing what they are doing. Either way who cares?? It's not like it should effect anyone that isn't involved in it. It's their choices and lifestyles so why should it bother anyone.

9. Pioneer

Pioneer Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no problem with consenting adults having sex. I have no right to impose my views or rules on other peoples lives. If they wanna have sex then thats their business. Also as a guy I have absolutely no problem with these so-called "whores".:tongue:

10. ~PinkElephants~

Women are not fuckin' whores!!! MMMK! They are females. Please stop calling females whores. Mmkthanks.

11. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Well, I'd think of 2 seperate reasons.

#1 It feels good. Simple as that. And maybe deep down the girl hopes that the guy will want to start a relationship from it?

#2 Low self esteem. Helps them feel needed, wanted, attractive. When someone has no consistent sense of self worth, the only way to attain it is via others. And what better feeling is there than to know someone wants you and finds you sexually attractive?

12. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

How does getting used by some one make you feel worth more? For me its seems the opposite. If you think of your self poorly, letting your self be used and degraded just adds more fuel to the fire. Having random sex shouldn't make you feel beautiful, look at all those prostitutes who look really shabby and diseased who get fucked every night by many different men. Think they feel beautiful? It's a sad life for most of them, thats for sure.

Seems like casual sex seperates people more than brings them together. The world is way more sexualized and sexually free than ever, but its still just as bad. Divorce rates are higher than ever. So many single parents. More people have low self esteem. Not sure what I'm trying to point out but I believe that relationships should be more meaningful and loving. We need a new mind set to change it.

13. Sa Palomera

Yet it's the only 'affection' they know.
    I know someone who did a project with girls who'd been prostitutes. They went to India for 9 months, to get out of the world of prostitution and learn to live life different than they were used to.
    They had to come back after only 4 months, because the girls tried prostituting themselves to the men over there. They were used to that sort of 'affection' and wanted to go back to it. It's very hard to get out of that state of mind you get into once you are used to that sort of life.

14. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

I'm wondering whether this apparent proliferation of women who can be picked up at clubs and will sleep with anyone is perhaps an exaggeration. If a guy picks up a woman at a pub or a club and has sex with her suddenly all the women there are easy lays. They miraculously seem to forget the hours they previously spent that night going after anything in skirt when they finally find the only girl drunk enough and with low enough self esteem to actually sleep with them. And she's probably underage too... Yeah there are women who sleep around, but it's far from every woman who goes to clubs and pubs. The ones that do, as has been said, often have low self esteem and crave any kind of affection. For a girl to get a bad name only takes them having casual sex one time, so maybe it's the only way they can get any kind of "love". Loads of people have made a stupid drunken mistake when they're young and slept with a random person, but whereas a guy gets called a stud and gets a good reputation a girl gets called a slut and gets a bad reputation. And that kind of stigma is hard to shift. I'm sure there are other reasons why some women sleep around, I'm sure some are perfectly happy and just enjoy sex, good luck to them I say. I also notice that the majority of guys who go around saying "all women are easy and sleep around" are the ones who can't pick up girls in clubs or who've been cheated on. I've been there, done that, felt that anger. And grew up. People will sleep with whoever they want to sleep with, it's their business why and I don't think anyone should be judged for it. Could we also avoid using the word "whore" please? I'm sure we've all got big enough vobacularies to think of a less offensive word.

15. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Man has casual sex = what a stud/sowing wild oats/ etc.......

Woman has casual sex= tramp/whore/slut/etc....

Are we still living in the dark ages !!!!
    Come on people if some people choose to get their itch scratched it's nobodys business but theirs.

16. Sa Palomera

:agreed:

:please:

17. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Well according to the dictionary:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whore
    whore Audio Help (hôr, hōr) Pronunciation Key
    n.

1. A prostitute.
    2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
    3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

Oh an we are always living in the dark ages..what the hell do you think this site is? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2008
  18. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

i think of them them equally. I hate when women say, lots of men are promiscuous so why shouldn't we be? Well I dislike them both actually I think its overall best not to live that way. I've known lots of male liars cheaters abusers, bothers me yes. My father was one, really inflicted lots of pain on my mother. Its degrading to relationships I think, It's not the casual sex, its the way people treat each other about it. humped and dumped.

I don't think of people badly for this. I'm sinner too. as long as there is no lying, cheating, disrepect towards the other person, its fine. Should both agree its just to relieve urges and thats it. Im still virgin so I dunno. I'd prefer more deep loving relationships. Cause seems like they make you more happy than casual.

19. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I'm sure that everyone knows what the definition of a whore is, however, they asked for it to not be used, it's offensive, and I'm sure that people with a brain could find another word to describe it. You could even use promiscuous, because clearly that's in the definition, and in my opinion, it's a lot less offensive than whore. Basically, find another word, plzkthx.

20. Sa Palomera

Thanks Jess :hug: Hopefully people get it now and will stop using the word the way it's been used in this thread.