Why do you come here?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Angel_Dawn, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I used to come here because I found peace, now all I ever find is heartbreak, I stay away from everyone and everything because in the end you only hurt yourself more, I don't know why I come back to torture myself. So, anyone? Why come to SF, especially if it becomes the source of your problems?

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I come here because it makes me feel less alone and I feel I can just be me here. No pretence. And also I'm meeting some really great people.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm terribly lonely. This makes a poor substitute for actual friends, but I'm still alive.

4. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I come and post because it's nice to know that other people are in the same if not similar situation as I am in, and suffering from the same common problem we all face.

It's nice to have the support, and knowing that people care even though you don't know them in person.

5. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Before it was because I felt I needed help for my depression/problems.

Now 2 years later...it's a bad addiction I can't break. I get so angry at the site but still can't leave b/c in away I feel I still need it...but who knows if i really do b/c everything is so backwards.

6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Good question. I originally joined because I'm depressed and all of that, but the site isn't helpful to me, yet I'm here anyway.

7. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I don't know.
    lol

8. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

:laugh: i don't know either. hell, i'm depressed and shit, but i generally deal just as well on my own. so wtf :unsure:

this is bad news bears.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I come to sf to talk to people who are feeling the same. It helps enormously although i have to admit that it's very saddening to see so many people feeling so depressed and there's not much that i can do to help:mad:

10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

the sceneary =P lol

think im addicted lol

11. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

to feel less alone, to be noticed, to seek solace with others, to help if i can.

plus it is way addictive lol

12. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

To try and help other and get some support myself.
    As has been said though, i think its more of an addiction that anything else.

13. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

to get support and solace as you said andy but the addiction as you say isn't really true to the fullest. for some like me it is the only place to have contact with the outside world and look for support such as in right now that my husband is hospitalized and am to be home alone and physically challenged with no one to call if something happen. here someone knows where i live, how to reach me and they can figure out a way to get me helped if i need to.

lots of love sent your way andy xx

14. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

thank you Granny

15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I come here for support and to support.
    By giving support to others and attempting to help them through their problems, I learn more about myself. When I write to people on here and try to bring them up, I am speaking to myself as well.
    This place is my family.
    :sf:

16. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

because I am fucking miserable, though I look around and see I am jealous at other peoples problems, I wish my problems were just psychological

17. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I come here because, i have friends here. I find it offers me support when i need it. And i find that i can help others on here, sometimes.

18. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

This place IS addictive, I agree with you all on that.
    Does anyone ever find themselves even sadder when they leave here though??

I think this is the only place I feel wanted sometimes, and when I leave I am miserable.

19. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I don't fully know why I come here

partly it's a desire to help others, but partly its because I'm struggling to cope with my own existence.

20. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

This forum is definitely addictive. I came here initially to learn about depression/suicide, but I stay because I want to help people deal with their problems. I don't usually feel sadder after leaving here, because I wasn't sad to begin with. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.