why do you come to SF?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Alexpt2, Dec 13, 2008.

What's your MAIN reason for coming here?

1. receive help/support

19 vote(s)
  2. help/support others

8 vote(s)
  3. rant/vent frustration

8 vote(s)
  4. socialize/make new friends

5 vote(s)
  5. nothing better to do

6 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what everyone's reasons for being here are. I know the obvious answer is, "cause i'm suicidal, duh!" but aside from that, specifically, whats your MAIN reason for coming to SF?

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I havent been coming here very long and i'm to lazy to read through all the old posts. I don't know if this thred belongs here but since I'm uncertain about where it goes, I figured I'd stick it in uncertainty principle lol
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Everyone here is so caring this place is amazing.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I come here to give and receive support. I love SF so damn much:biggrin: Everyone here is AMAZING and so kind :) Words cannot describe how I feel about SF, this place keeps me alive :hug:
  4. NPNS

NPNS Well-Known Member

I come here to speak to people that understand me. You're all brilliant.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I come to help give support as much as I can, but I also know that ,should I need it, support will also be given to me.
  6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Because I'm pretty damn self-absorbed and pathetic. :thumbup:
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I used to come here to get and receive support. Now I just come to feel miserable. I was virtually banned for trying to relieve someone's suffering... I know too much about death to fail. I want to cry for help, but there's no holp coming when you're successful.
  8. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

Maybe I should have included this as one of the poll options, seeing as how nobody is voting. 73 views 6 votes WTF????
  9. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Mostly to meet others, although that in itself helps me.
  10. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Meet new people but to also rant in a safe environment. My work place is too political so if do it there it'll be much harder for me to succeed. My friends are mostly my coworkers, and while I do confide in them, I don't go into my personal views of life and morality--mostly because when I have in the past, they aren't interested or just find it so different from their own point of view that I lose a friend. My family is great but they're too fragile.

So I come here.
  11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

rant. i've got a lot of whining and bitching to do which helps me believe it or not...

talk to a few people i like.

talk to someone who i hope is alive and okay although i don't really want him near me at the moment :rolleyes: :wink:
  12. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

Im here mostly to rant because Ive been hurt in the past confiding to my previous best friend, so I cant really trust anyone anymore to rant to. I would be here to help out too, but I just dont have the motivation to anymore, but I still hope that little tips in my rants and understanding what someone goes through helps. I havent come to receive help tho because nothing anyone says seems to work...
  13. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

for me it's a mix of all 5. #2 seemed best for me to pick, though.
  14. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

None of the above, unless "socialize" is expanded to include SF as the only place I feel I can even halfway express what I believe without repercussion.
  15. Robald

Robald Active Member

Anonymous voyeuristic grief-feeding?

These days I also talk to people and have made some interesting friends, but when I first found the site I spent ages just reading and reading - about other people's issues, experiences, attempts, anguish and ennui.. it made a change from reading methods sites!

Can't vote as that option isn't listed :p

This is a slightly shameful but honest admission btw!
  16. onyxangel

onyxangel Active Member

The reason i come here is to be able to chat with people that are going through things like i am and maybe make a few friends, I am tired of the BS in yahoo chats and chats like that. And hopefully maybe something i say in a thread will save some ones life? maybe some one can save mine.
  17. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

Me too! I like studying people. And I'm riddled with enough self-hate and anxiety to blend right in.
  18. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Support and to meet new people. I've made some really great friends through here that i have met in real life and who are so amazing. But i know, when things get bad, i can rely on them and this place to get me through :)
  19. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

It's the one place that I feel I belong. So many others really understand my pain and demons. And it gives me the opportunity to help others with my experiences. So the shit stuff doesnt seem so bad when I can use it to help others.
  20. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I'll second that (e)motion

so eloquently put :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.