why do you self harm?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Maxii.., Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxii..

Maxii.. Well-Known Member

just that.. what do you like about it.. what do you hate about it?..
    do you like pain? do you like to see the blood?..

i like the pain.. i cut myself.. i burn myself.. i pull my hair.. i choke myself.. and some others.. but the reason i do it is because i like the pain..

(it doesn't matter what is pushing you to self harm.. i just wanna know what do you like about it..)

bye..

2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i like blood, and sometimes i want pain, but now after all this time is like an adiction i do it because i feel my body needs it

3. LSD

LSD Well-Known Member

the blood maybe and staring my scars

4. Will

Will Staff Alumni

The blood...

It's so beautiful...it's the only thing that takes that pain away...

5. LinedPaper

LinedPaper New Member

The change of emotional to physical pain. The blood, its romantic.

6. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Strange.

I cut because er.. I'm psychotic. Yeah, that's it. I'M PSYCHOTIC.

7. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

I don't know. Sometimes the pain helps me concentrate, sometimes I just need to see the blood and sometimes... well, sometimes I just need to. The bad feelings seem to transport me to a different dimension of reality, and the cutting to a different one entirely.
    The cutting dimension is better than the bad feelings one, so I put myself there. Before cutting I feel bad, and as I concentrate on the pain and the blood, I find myself kind of going... numb...

8. playboy_bunny_luver

playboy_bunny_luver New Member

i cut because i want scars...i want to see the pain of my past...i want to remember...

9. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

hey bunny luver, I have a ?, why do you want to remember something bad that happened to you? I'm not trying to be offensive, Ijust really wanna know...

10. playboy_bunny_luver

playboy_bunny_luver New Member

because it was my fault..i dont want to get to happy and forget that i was my fault...my uncle sdied because of me...

11. CursedSoul

CursedSoul Active Member

Ditto...

12. sorry_mozart

sorry_mozart Well-Known Member

I can't stand the scars, I hate that they are there. But in that instant when I am doing it, the pain and blood acts like a reset switch for my brain, forcing me to operate on the most primitive level. It makes the pain simple. It makes me into an animal, whose only function is to deal with this injury. Then I don't have to deal with anything else.

13. the blood. it helps me to cope with my inner pain. it releives my stress. i'm also sadomasocistic, and like all forms of pain. but i usually cut when my emotions get completly out of control, which happens alot.

the reason i cut, is because it's the only way i can acknowledge my pain and deal with it. i don't show my pain through crying. i can't cry. i just can't. so that's why i cut. because i have no other way to deal with my pain

14. blackpiano

blackpiano Guest

I cut cause it makes me feel better, the look of the area, the pain, the high that I can get with doing it.
    I can't feel better without it sometimes- other things have failed, but I still try to do my distractions first, so then self harm stays special.

15. lostcat95

lostcat95 Guest

When I did cut it was because I hated myself. I have a new way of torture

16. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

?????

17. *shifty eyes*

*shifty eyes* Active Member

I self harm, bcuz it releases endorphins, which num other pain, I do it to get rid of emotional pain and abuse. I haven't been allowed to for months now, as by best friend said if i did it again he wouldn't come visit me, and I can't not tell him, i jist can't lie to him,

18. Jess

Jess Guest

Because I deserve it....
    I can't cope....
    and even so perhaps someday I'll just cutt too deep... :sad:

19. lostcat95

lostcat95 Guest

Lost Disciple

Can't share here sorry

20. blub

blub Guest

Why I cut.. uhm. I cut when I panic, or when I cant handle the paranoia, because i hate myself, because i deserve it. It makes my head empty, the thoughts will be gone for a seconds and thats a good feeling. Why I cut, the feeling of the blood floating out your body feels good, and the dizzy and weak feeling after it too. Why I burn, dont need to buy every week bandage and people staring at you questioning why i need al of that stuff, dont have to watch out with the blood on clothes, sheets, floor, bathroom etc. Tho the blisters break fast and can leave some really awfull scars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.