Why do you still live?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Zurkhardo, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

For all the temptation to commit, all the reasons and motivations, many of you remain alive. You remained determined to live, at least to some degree, for your still alive of course =P

Share with us why your still alive, what keeps you going and living! Most of all, come back to this thread whenever you have doubt!

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

The fact that I don't like to give in.

It used to be fear of failure, but recent events have shown me I can succeed, pretty easily at that.

I'm not someone who gives in or quits, I don't want to quit or give in. I'm too bloody stubborn. I should have died earlier this week, but didn't because of sheer stubborness, and it's not always conscious stubborness, it is subconscious.

hands up those of you that are dead :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  3. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Apathy. It's a double edged sword.

4. I've not the equitment I want to die with.

5. Waste_of_space

Waste_of_space New Member

Not knowing a decent method to get it over and done with quickly with certainty,

6. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Because I dont have anything left to kill myself with. Ive tried many times and my parents r like taking everything away that I can use. v.v

7. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I guess the hope that things will get better. But tonight, I am left wondering.

8. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

Haven't got the guts to go through with it. I doubt I'll achieve anything by dying.

Death isn't on the agenda for me at the moment. I've put geniune effort in before to digging my way out of this and yes, it has all gone sour and my efforts have betrayed me. However I need to get back up and start trying again. I need to persevere and try to improve my situation.

9. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 Active Member

Haven't reached my goal yet.

As long as I get good grades, eat accoridng to my rules and drink I have no problem staying alive.:rolleyes:

Quiters never win. I am not weak :biggrin:

10. eddizle

eddizle Member

my family will be destroyed if i die so might as well live for them so that they wont get traumatized by my suicide

11. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

My mother and sister are the only reasons I am still here. They've already suffered through a suicide, they don't need to again.

12. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

cause I care about my mom sisters and family and I dont want to hurt them, even if it means always suffering mentaly.

13. AlwaysRain

AlwaysRain Active Member

I'm waiting for a miracle or someone to save me.
    not passive waiting, i try to do something even though it seems useless. I guess I need some more failures to complete it.
    I'll know for sure in a week or so, when I know for sure there's no place for me in this life

14. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

That's not a very good reason to be honest. You're just living for other people, i know it keeps you alive but I think you really need to look deeper into YOUR problems and find reasons to actually live out your own life.

15. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

because all my attempts at suicide failed miserably

16. crisisj

crisisj New Member

I cannot die til i get some sex.

17. I'm letting myself suffer more alive. I feel guilty about getting sick, putting everyone through this. I sit back and let the disease in me eat me alive. One day it will all end and it will be done...not by my own hand. And I will have suffered just enough to repay my debt to mankind. Sometimes I feel like if I lie here in bed feeling beaten down by life and by God...then maybe I'm doing my part. He felt the need to make me different...make me sick. 17 years I had a normal life and then in one moment it was gone- I won't see 25 and though its a depressing thought maybe its my bargaining chip. Maybe its my marker to pay something back. I stay alive out of guilt. I stay alive for all those going through what I am and continue to fight after all hope flees.

18. AlwaysRain

AlwaysRain Active Member

if you choose a right partner you will not want to die after that

19. bumper

bumper Well-Known Member

I'm too much of a coward to kill myself.

20. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

my family and people i love and care about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.