Why do you think love sucks?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ~PinkElephants~, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Here is a thread to state your reasoning...even if its a fleeting moment as to why you think it sucks

"Love sucks because it's all based on lies, based on misconceptions and thoughts that aren't real."

2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

love sucks because you get hurt so hard, eventually

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't think love sucks, per se, just that some love affairs are so fraught with insecurity, pain, and other negative feelings. Love itself, in its purest form, is a wonderful thing and probably the best thing anyone could have (after Trust, that is). Love of oneself, of humanity, of one's family, one's surroundings, one's occupation. All forms of displaying/feeling love.

I love my kids, my dog, my work, my neighborhood and neighbors... all forms of love that make me feel at peace with myself and my place in the world. Love affairs are only one form of love and yes, some of them can truly suck. But that's not the only way of feeling/expressing love.

A favorite quote of mine says this: "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." Franklin P Jones

I couldn't agree more. We can live without love but when we have it - in whatever form(s) - it makes our lives so much richer and more enjoyable.

just my opinion...

least

4. It gives you uncontrollable nightmares after the person breaks up with you, making you wake up terrified, wanting to die, like I am right now. I just had a nightmare, and I am not doing well. Of course, the nightmare was about her, as usual.

5. zombieinc

zombieinc Member

I think their are many forms of love. But I think romantic love sucks because its an illusion. Its a trap. It feels good at first. It gave me a false sense of security, and wholeness. But if you believe that being with that person will always make you feel that way your in for a huge disappointment. The thought of needing another person in such a way makes me cringe.

I speak this way because my attempts at love always created the most painful experiences of my life. I would much rather take a physical beating that puts me in the hospital for months than deal with the emotional pain of losing what I thought was love. Their is a reason that the divorce rate in the U.S. is over 50% and rising. I think real love goes way beyond what any human being is capable of.

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

You can't help who you fall in love with as i've found out :dry:

7. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Love sucks, because I cant accept it. And always end up hurting someone...

8. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Ive just about given up on it...dont think its for me, but without it, whats the point?

9. It's a very mixed-up emotional necessity, can be so rewarding, yet it can hurt so much. How horrible it is to be in a situation where you think a person loves you, yet breaks up with you and never seems to want to speak with you again, despite that you did nothing wrong. Then to be left alone to your own thoughts and confusion, amongst paranoia resulting in the loss. So very horrible.

10. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Its a terrible situation to be in...and I know your speaking from experience at the moment Kurt. I hope you can pull through it, because you deserve a girl that really loves you, and wants to be with you, we all deserve that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.