Why Do You Think You're So Down?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Prox, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prox

Prox Active Member

Tell me, guys, what do you think, when it all boils down to it, is what has you down? What fact about reality or life or your mind or you, yourself, is the fundamental reason you find yourself motivated to come here?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Because I feel that I'm a waste of life and I don't deserve to be alive.
  3. Prox

Prox Active Member

Why do you think that? What is it that makes your life so wasteful?
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

I don't know...I just feel like a loser and so do many people in my life. I don't really think that there is a point to my existence.
  5. Prox

Prox Active Member

Do you have any idea of what it would take to change that? Say it turns out that your feeling is incorrect and someone comes out of the blue with the news that explains why —

What sort of thing would that news be about? Is the pointlessness something that stems from the way that your living and the situstion that you are in, or do you just feel that life is pointless in general?
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

I'm not sure, I guess something positive happening to me might change my outlook on things. I'm used to seeing the worst of everything. I just feel that my life is pointless because I haven't done anything noteworthy all of my life, and fear that I never will.
  7. Prox

Prox Active Member

Noteworthiness is overrated. 80% of all the noteworthy people in the world either hate themselves or hate their lives.

Pointlessness. You don't feel like you're doing anything that matters, right? Like your life has no meaningful direction.

I'm guessing you don't know where you'd like to go; is that right?
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

I guess I am just feeling stuck, but only I have the power to pull myself out of this rut I've gotten into.
  9. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

What has me down? I would say the fact that I'm terrible with girls. It's a shitty reason, yeah, but when you feel like you're gonna be alone your whole life, you get really lonely.
  10. marjoke

marjoke Account Closed

I have lost my boyfriend/partner by a car-accident...4 years, 5 months and 25 days ago...
    2 weeks after that I had a miscarriage and lost our unborn baby too...
    all I have loved has been taken away of me...
    why should I go on...life sucks anyway...there will never be any happiness again...it has all gone...
    All the 'friends' I thought I had have turned adventually their backs on me...I am just not worthed to live...
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  11. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

For everyone feeling down, feeling helpless, feeling alone, feeling like they are not amounting to much... let me give some input. This is just how I feel, so it may or may not matter to each of you who are here reading. It means something to me and it works for me, so maybe it can work for others too.

Marjoke, I'm sorry for your losses. I lost my son in 2010. He was a part of me, and he was my best friend. He was where all my future hopes were - he was poised for greatness (he was an actor who did a season on a Disney TV series, and he had a band that was taking off... he was very talented). Yes, that left pain and emptiness, but I have learned long ago in life that you can only achieve things by fighting for them. I want to be happy again, and I probably won't achieve that now, but I have set forth a plan to fight for that goal.

Witty_Sarcasm, you can do something noteworthy if you set your goals for such. What about through volunteering, helping others (could be people, could be movements, could be animals). The most noteworthy people in the world are those who give of themselves and their time to help others and other causes. My best current example is the fight that actor Michael J. Fox is going through with Parkinson's Disease. Look at him go - he knows there will be no cure for him, yet he has set up a foundation and he advocates for research, education, and resolution to the disease. Sure, he can set up a foundation because he has lots of money and the public following, but with all foundations there must be individuals helping out. Be the individual(s). I have not a lot of money, yet I set up a foundation and so indeed it can be done if there is a will, then there is a way. Helping others makes you noteworthy to the extreme.

ExtraSoap, I hear you. Many people go through life in that situation. Perhaps when you least expect it, when you are not looking, you will meet someone. Perhaps not, but if you don't keep that hope and move forward, you will never know. Sometimes finding someone is not all it's cracked up to be. I've been happily married for over 30 years, but I feel that to be unusual these days. So many people end up in the misery of broken relationships and divorce. Often times the grass is not always greener. Hang in and don't lose hope, and let fate take it's course. You never know.

Prox made a good point about noteworthy people. How many people who are famous prove that they were, in fact, unhappy? Money, fame, and success are NOT the answers to happiness. Material things are great to have, I know I buy things to "make myself happy" as does everybody else... but it is not really those things that make us happy in the long haul. Things comprise of temporary and immediate gratification, but only finding peace within ourselves can provide that full experience of long term wellness.
  12. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Addictions, disorders, losses, rejections, traumas, deformities, diseases, guilt, shame, and hurt.
    That's not all me, that's just what I assume about everyone else.
  13. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

The fact that I am very physically and mentally unwell at the moment. I have my physical care well looked after and under control, however mentally, no one cold give a shit and I think my mental illness will kill me before my chronic disease will.
  14. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I am down because of the voices that plague my existence. They do alot. They beckon to me about suicide, they control my every move, They do all that they can to keep me from fulfilling my potential. I feel worthless today, and that will probably not change. At least for now. We'll see how I fair today. I've got chessercises today.
  15. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I am definitely depressed about being alive, hate myself ect...
    But living with my mom makes everything that much worse. I am so fucking annoyed with her 24/7 and completely done with her. If I could get away from her (by winning a lottery) I would then actually consider not killing myself.
  16. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

Because I'm fubar.

hahaha fubar.

this time next year it will be real quiet in here
  17. Ande018

Ande018 Member

I agree completely! I am in emotional pain and all I cause is pain to others that I love.
  18. NiceGuYKC

NiceGuYKC Well-Known Member

Loneliness, getting used to the fact that I'll never being loved again. I've totally f*cked up my life aswell.
  19. marjoke

marjoke Account Closed

20. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Because my childhood sucked, my parents didn't love me enough, I suffered years of abuse by my dickhead stepfather, was taunted mercilessly at school, never really fit in very well anywhere, didn't achieve the success in life that I felt I deserved, am constantly neglected, ignored, belittled or laughed at by people, never got attention or acceptance from the opposite sex, never get appreciated for the good or impressive things I do, people underestimate me or take me for granted, think I'm someone they can just pick on and push around, until I get angry and blow up at them, then they get scared and avoid me because they think I'm a loose cannon. To top it all off, I have no friends and I'm stuck in a loveless marriage. The world doesn't know I exist, nor do they care, and it wouldn't make one lick of difference to much of anyone if I was dead.

I think those are all pretty valid reasons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.