Why does everyone else get to receive support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Q. Player: I am suicidal because I am torn between two females. Actually, make that three. Picking between three girls who are all interested in me is the biggest dilemma I have ever faced. It's tearing me apart and I can't take it anymore.

Suicide Forum Members: Hang in there. You must be a really lucky guy, and incredibly worthwhile, to attract so many females.

Mike Murderer: I am suicidal because I just killed seven people, robbed three banks, raped a few women, set a few houses on fire, and detonated a bomb in a crowded area.

Suicidal Forum Members: You must have a really hard life and I hope you will be able to turn it around. Good luck and God bless you!

Me: I am suicidal because I was born into a broken home, abused throughout my entire childhood, never had any friends (and still don't), never had a girl interested me, and never have had a shoulder to lean on.

Suicidal Forum Members: Quit wallowing in your own self-pity because you have only yourself to blame for your problems in life. And if you dare respond to me in a negative manner, everyone will gang up on you because nobody has, or will, ever liked you.

Last edited by a moderator:

D3ath

I think majority of this forumn supports everyone no matter what they been through or done. I know myself responded to your last thread reading it just now it may of seemed not that supporting im sorry :hug:.

If you ever need some one too just message me, i'll be happy to try and support you.

I think majority of this forumn supports everyone no matter what they been through or done.
The majority on this forum seems to be SUPPORTED no matter what they have been through/done. In my experience, the majority on this forum has not supported me. Some have, most have told me that I am to blame for all of my problems which were out of my control.

I know myself responded to your last thread reading it just now it may of seemed not that supporting im sorry :hug:.

If you ever need some one too just message me, i'll be happy to try and support you.
Thanks! Glad someone finally understands!

Jenny

Staff Alumni
I hear a lot of anger in your post.. anger that others seem to get support but that you feel you do not receive the same opportunity. I'm sorry if you feel this way, but i would like to remind you that this is a peer to peer support forum for people in crisis. I have just deleted a few of your posts that very obviously were not supportive - i understand you're hurting and are angry right now, but that does not give you the freedom to treat others in such a way.

D3ath

I think everyone can get angry, rather then arugeing back isn't it better to just understand why they angry and work out the problem.

Argueing just escalates things :blink:

Mortem

You have a point. After reading here every day since I joined I've noticed that most people get support, but occasionally someone's post goes wrong or slips through the grid. Some gets luckier than others, very much depends on who's around reading at the time. So to me the way you feel is understandable.

Also, generally speaking, to someone being down I'm guessing that it takes very little to tip the scale. Even if someone has a thread with 10 positive posts in it, one negative post might be enough to render all the good ones useless. I've found great support in most of my posts, and they've been little helpful pushes against a very strong wind. Then quite recently I got this really snive comment which was a good push in the opposite direction.

I'm among those who haven't supported you, my apologies. I'll try to improve :smile:

I'm sorry that you feel this way. It seems that when people are in an urgently important situation, we can sometimes sound harsher than we intend. Maybe the people who were mean to you were simply trying to give the best advice they could think of, and were only being strict about it in an attempt to make their messages hit home. Maybe they really are trying to give you support, but are going about it the wrong way. I guess I shouldn't really talk, though, since I'm ignorant to the whole situation.

Whatever the reason, the main point is that you feel unsupported, and that matters more than how those feelings came about. Obviously it must be changed! I'm sure that at the very least some of the people who read this post will be sure to give you more support from now on. As for me, please feel free to PM or e-mail me at any time, and I'd be happy to try my best. We want to help you, if you'll please grant us a second chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Panther

John Q. Player: I am suicidal because I am torn between two females. Actually, make that three. Picking between three girls who are all interested in me is the biggest dilemma I have ever faced. It's tearing me apart and I can't take it anymore.

Suicide Forum Members: Hang in there. You must be a really lucky guy, and incredibly worthwhile, to attract so many females.

Mike Murderer: I am suicidal because I just killed seven people, robbed three banks, raped a few women, set a few houses on fire, and detonated a bomb in a crowded area.

Suicidal Forum Members: You must have a really hard life and I hope you will be able to turn it around. Good luck and God bless you!

Me: I am suicidal because I was born into a broken home, abused throughout my entire childhood, never had any friends (and still don't), never had a girl interested me, and never have had a shoulder to lean on.

Suicidal Forum Members: Quit wallowing in your own self-pity because you have only yourself to blame for your problems in life. And if you dare respond to me in a negative manner, everyone will gang up on you because nobody has, or will, ever liked you.
I saw one of your posts which told someone to screw themselves just because you were older than them and never had a girlfriend. That's not on. Also another post which says 'up yours' to someone. What are you trying to achieve by being here? Do you actually want help? This is a support forum and by being nasty you're only going to succeed in making others dislike you. Believe me we'll be happy to try our best to help if you calmed down a bit, but by acting like you are, you'll end up getting banned. If you're wondering why people aren't being supportive, it's because you're not following the ethos of this forum. What is it you're actually looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00