Why does everyone try to stop someone from doing suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by zumkia, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zumkia

zumkia New Member

I just told my mom 4 days ago i'm planning on doing suicide in 1-2 months after i reached my final goal and she starts calling her self a failure and told me not to do it and now she has therapy sessions set up for me now...? I had so many lectures saying i should not do it i mean we all die in life i want to end my early. Just like people on this forums telling people they should not do it or we love you don't do it. I mean I'm only 1 person out of the whole 6 bill on earth Me my self does not even = 1 percent of the world.. i got zero purpose to live... People preach on about god, god is just something people want to make up to have faith in something... I can careless about the world i was hoping for 2012 to be true but i guess it's not die for the world to end yet... so why does everyone try to stop people from doing suicide? Death is more peaceful then this world... who knows i might say fuck it i don't want to die yet and i might be walking down the street get kid napped and get stabbed all over but they miss all the important things so i don't die fast and just keep getting tortured until i die and i looked back and say damn i should of just killed my self like i planned my simple and easy way to die now could turn into me getting a 20x worse death... so again if someone wants to die why preach to them saying don't do it?
  2. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Ask pickwithaustin.
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Everyone has an opinion. One of the key things as a human being is that although we are aware that others suffer in various ways, if it comes to it, particularly on a site like this one, people will do what they can to prevent it.

I recommend you actually have a little bit more of a thought about the impact of what you going ahead and doing this would do to your mom. She's calling herself a failure because she feels she's let you down, or not done enough for you, for you to want this ideation to become a reality.

I'm not religious, so I won't preach about god.

Also - consider sticking around a little bit to find out what others might have to say on this topic. Other people have lost loved ones to suicide... they can give a better picture of what can happen to those around you.
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Your mother cares about you. Life is not about just the negative, it is about the positive and the caring and the loving also. I have to live with a heart that is forever broken and so I spend my time trying to help other families not end up as mine. It's not just about saving the life of the one who wants to die, it is about saving the life of those who will be left behind with an empty, broken, shattered future without the one they loved.
  5. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Hi Zumika. I don't want to preach to you. You have free will choice. Since I assume that like me you were expecting something completely different when you selected that link, I am interested to know what kept you reading? What prompted you to post?

I'm betting it had to do with a feeling that maybe here someone could relate to your feelings and thoughts. Maybe they had some information that would alleviate the pain, frustration and even shine a pin prick of light into the darkness we all battle. Maybe this place would provide a relatively safe place to become a part of a community that is hard to find or hard to make ourselves venture into irl. As part of that community we start to connect with others. We feel we understand (maybe just a little) what demons others are fighting. We end up wanting to encourage each other to life instead of death because that is what friends, true friends, do for each other.

Bottom line - "why preach to them saying don't do it?" - because we feel we understand, we grow to care about these voices of encouragement through the night; because we feel deeply, we empathize, and that's what friends, loved ones do. They try to keep those they care about around for a really, really long time. ♥
  6. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

I have no right to tell you don't do it, because I did it, I would be a hypocrite, I just want to let you know that only 10% of attempters actually die, the other 90% end up hurt physically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.

In regards to God, I think is something very personal, some believe in many Gods, some in the Sun, some in a person, some in only one God, it depends on what your parents, couple, friends tell you about either one and makes you comfortable believing in, atheous preach about not believing in God, but they only talk about God, most suicide attempters or near death experiencers invoke God in those last moments, I personally believe in one God and respect what any others believe or don't believe, my 3 in 1 attempts were not successful, the only explanation anyone could give me is that it was a miracle from God, that I have a mission in this world.

I was hopeless,
    believing in someone good gives me hope,
    I had no one when I most needed,
    by believing I always have someone to lean on,
    I had an empty and broken spirit,
    believing fills it up to the top.

I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.