why does it have to be this hard to motivate myself to do anything?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TooShyToScream, Feb 6, 2011.

1. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

I need to study and I need to take a shower. I'm sitting here bored as hell anyway with nothing to do, and yet I can't seem to do what needs to get done. Why? I just want to get high again. I feel so worthless.
  2. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

listlessness is a major symptom of depression <3 it's not your fault, don't hate yourself for this because that will just start a cycle of guilt that will just make everything worse
    you need to seek help and start forgiving yourself :hug:
    I've felt like you so often . . . I know exactly where you're coming from, but you are not a lost cause, don't give up on yourself
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yea I also have pretty shit motivation/attention levels. I've never studied. Because my memory has kinda gone down hill. Homework just pisses me off....I havent done it like 5 times in a row for English and the teacher was thinking of calling home about it(what the fuck can they really do about it anyway?) but she gave me another chance to do some tonight. Didn't do much but it shall fucking be enough. All this school crap, and even Uni seems pointless. it all does. -____-

learn for 20 years. get a job. do that or soemthing till ur 50's wen u retire. then try and have fun before u drop dead. lol :|
  4. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

Well, after 2 days of procrastination, I finally forced myself to do my psychology homework. I still need to study though because I have a test this coming thursday, and I have a feeling I'm just gonna wait til the last second as usual :(