Why Does It Still Depress Me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Forgotten_Man, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

There are lots of things in my life which cause me depression and grief, but none so much as the fact that I am not having sex. I mean I understand why I am not having sex, females are not attracted to a boring, ugly, loser with no social skills, I get that much. I have also pretty much given up on ever being fixed. I am just limping along until my cat dies so I can kill myself. However, I would like that time to pass a little faster. When I am constantly depressed about my lack of sexual activity, it makes time crawl. I just want these last few years of suffering with my cat to go by quickly so I can get it over with.
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'd say if you are prioritising "not having sex" as a reason for you being depressed, that you might want to reconsider the order of your priorities.
  3. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I disagree. To someone who hasn't had sex (like me) it's a huge weight to carry. I've never connected with someone on that level, I've never been wanted, I've never been comfortable with my body...and to know that I probably never will leads to other issues - I'll never be in love, I'll never get married, I'll never have children. That is a hell of a reason to by depressed.

We're all affected by things in a different way. Some view sex as having a life and having fun. Without it a person may not have those things.

I can really relate here. But if you can hang on for your cat then maybe you can hang on for something else, too? :hug:
  4. Forgotten_Man

o_O... interesting perspective... are you saying I should find what depresses me second most?

Yeah, but once my cat is gone there will be nothing ot hang on too.
  5. clevername

clevername Member

Okay, you know what?

I'm getting really sick of all these people who blatantly diminish the completely normal and healthy NEED (and desire) for a human being to experience sex, with at least sporadic frequency.

Life without sex is terrible. I know, i've been there, and i'm there now.

And just like Mr. Forgotten_Man, i'm basically hanging on just for my faithful canine companion. There is literally no other reason for me to be here.

Also, i LOL'd when i read "...are you saying i should find what depresses me second most?" xD
    That's pretty much exactly how i feel.

Me: "hey this embarrassing important problem is ruining my life..."
    Them: "oh, that's ridiculous, your priorities are messed up. You're not allowed to be depressed about something so silly."

It's not silly, and going without it for extended periods of time is not "normal."

We need a solution to this problem, but it gets profoundly complicated when you really dig into it.

I'm on your side OP.
  6. Unless you are into extreme morbidity you can always get in shape, even get ripped and stuff... There's no ugly person in the world, everybody has a beauty. Both, in the outside and in the inside.

I have a friend who was fat. And I mean VERY fat. He manage to get in shape, lots of muscles and a great shape in just a couple of years. I mean, it's not that difficult. Lucky you, we live in a very superficial world and all we need to get attention is to have a nice body.

Your face isn't much of a problem too, there are lots of things you can do to minimize the importance in your look of the things you don't like in your physical appearance. Hair-styles, clothes, glasses, hats, the list is huge.

The inner beauty is something astonishing by it's nature, you won't have problems with that.

Hugs, cheer up man.
  7. Forgotten_Man

@clevername: Glad to hear it, at least someone else is there.

@AbsoluteRelativity: I have been working on the getting in shape thing. I am struggling to get rid of the fat. I know it is a slow process, at this pace I am sure that I will be in shape just in time to leave a good looking corpse. Maybe if I am lucky the mortition will be a necrophiliac and I will get one last session before I am discarded. However, I have been at the getting in shape thing for about 3 years now. i know how hard it is, and I know I am failing because I keep falling off the wagon, but that is life.

Inner beauty is something I lack, you just need to read some of my later blog posts. You will see that I am just as vile on the inside as I am on the outside. Too bad I am just too ugly and people believe the same thing I do. That the outside reflects the inside. Oh well, it is not like my cat will live until she is 30. I guess I can stick around until she finally dies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.