Why does life have to be so unfair?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sorrow, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Sorrow

Sorrow Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has terminal cancer. She is a wonderful person. She has a family and is a happy person. She has so much to give to the world and she wants to live. I'm hoping for a miracle, but..........

I wish that I could die for her. She has so much to live for: friends, family, happiness. She will be missed. I can't say the same for me. If I died it wouldn't matter, but the world will be worse off without her.

Why is it an important person like her has to die and a worthless person like me has to live? Wouldn't it make more sense for me to leave? Life just makes no sense to me. I feel so bad for her. I wish there was something I could do for her.
  2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're not as bad a person as you say you are. You just feel bad, and that is making your mind go against itself. Things happen for different reasons, or no reason at all. Your friend got cancer, you didn't. It just happened, that's all. You can do something though, you can comfort your friend to your best ability. Just be thankful she is still here, and you are still here. Hang on.
  3. korn42

korn42 Member

I know how you are feeling, my mum has cancer, shes not terminal, but still its putting her life in danger,

and im sure youre not that much of a bad person, you may think it, but im sure youre not.

Life is unfair, theres no denying it..