Why Does My Boyfriend's Mom Hate Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent cut since july...i made a promise to myself

but

last night i found out that my boyfriend's mom thinks that i am not good enough for him...this isnt in the normal sense of a mother thinking no one is good enough for her son, but that i am just 'ordinary'

well

i came really close to cutting last night but i didnt...instead i took an extremely hot shower...it burned a little.

i just want some opinions on what to do...

i know my boyfriend loves me and wont break up with me because of his mom...but it hurts me to hear that someone hates me when they dont even really know me.

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
they dont even really know me.

Exactly. She hasn't taken the time to get to know you. I don't think there is a mother out there that doesn't think any girl is good enough for her son, her baby. But you also said that your boyfriend really loves you and would not leave you. So keep things strong and good between you and the boyfriend and give mom some time. Let her get to know the person that her son is so in love with. Don't change anything about you, just be the same person you are when you are with your boyfriend. She can either like you or not. That's her choice. If she does then bonus. But the important thing here is the relationship between you and your boyfriend. Good luck.

blade

:P

mmmm.. dont know what to say really but umm!
well shes just jelous! haha!
nah um !
try and prove to her, try do something to her that she will like u!
like a presnt or i donno

sorry hun!

sarahg

smile huggles to u.
smile my love it is a mum thinking no one good enough for her boy.
she couldnt say a bad word against u-ordinary-most of the population of this world is ordinary-thats not bad.
omg as a mother of a son i pray my son finds ordinary .
what u mustnt do is rise to her
dont give her any motive to dislike u
as u said she doesnt know u,and to be honest she is missing out on a part of her sons life that she could cherish and enjoy
relationships are hard with out pressure from any1 else
smile u have love and enjoy that and dont let her into ur relationship with negativity
she will see that the most important thing a parent wants is for their kids to be happy and u make her son happy.
bite ur lip love,u are not in the wrong-let her see the great u in her sons eyes
luck to u
oh and a happy belated birthday xxx

thanks

its just that she tries to take every little thing i say or do and turn it against me...i dont do anything to make her not like me, but she finds a way to twist everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00