why does therapy cut so deep?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by shn69588, Feb 14, 2011.

1. shn69588

shn69588 Member

i am working as hard as i can in therapy but the harder I work the worse things become. i either have feel nothing at all or intense emotions of every type which i am unable to untangle. It feels as if i am in a nightmare all of the time, left to defend myself against the killers of the night unarmed and alone. Lost, scared, and defeated are emotions i feel i can not tolerate well and not for too much longer.
  2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Because therapy is draining in itself -you are talking about things that you don't necessarily want to confront and deal with and sometimes the truth about yourself, or those around you - hurts deeply.

I would say if anything - that feeling like you have been churned up inside shows that you're working hard to get better.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

In a way the whole point of therapy is little crisis moments when you face something long buried.
    The fact that you are feeling so bad is actually an indication that you are letting the therapist in, stay with it, sounds like you are close to dealing with something big. :hug: