Why does this happen so often?

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I would like to be able to learn to accept myself, at the very least.
Just as you appreciate others as they are, embrace your own weak points as well as your strong ones. You are uniquely you due to the blend of these, and that makes you valuable and interesting just as you are. Don't try to be perfect, nobody is. Its perfectly ok to be imperfect in our own unique ways- it's what makes us human.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Anyway, I'm tired of being let down. I show nothing but the best to people, I'm honest and can be trusted, but people still think the worst of me. I don't want to do this anymore.
Why do you even care what they think? What makes them so perfect that their judgements of you have such importance? If I were you I'd blow up some balloons with their faces on them and throw darts at them!

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
You can, if you just let yourself. It will come in time. And, we will stay with you, until it does my friend.
Well, I hope you even stick with me after I heal, because I don't plan to go anywhere. I'm like a stage 5 clinger with people in my life, lol. A parasite...no, I can't say that. But something you can't get rid of that easily. But why would you want to, with my unique sense of humor. :P

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Just as you appreciate others as they are, embrace your own weak points as well as your strong ones. You are uniquely you due to the blend of these, and that makes you valuable and interesting just as you are. Don't try to be perfect, nobody is. Its perfectly ok to be imperfect in our own unique ways- it's what makes us human.
Well my weak points are jealousy, sadness, being overly emotional, jumping to conclusions, keeping things inside, and just assuming the worst. So it's hard to embrace my imperfections as well because they seem too...imperfect.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Why do you even care what they think? What makes them so perfect that their judgements of you have such importance? If I were you I'd blow up some balloons with their faces on them and throw darts at them!
Yeah, I can throw some Chuck Norris moves to the balloons. "You called me a scrub in 7th grade and it still affects my self-esteem...whack!" "You were supposed to be my friend, but you had a guy call me and pretend to be interested...chop!" "You think I'm a crazy loser who will get nowhere in life...screw you troll!" Feels good already :D

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
One thing I thought of...not Pop Rocks but those noisy popper things? Think of a bad memory and step on them. Maybe that will release something. My therapist said she has people draw things then step on them or tear them up or whatever. Maybe I can try that too.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
That's actually a funny mental image. People will see this short, blonde, soft spoken young woman, possibly decked out in pink and cute things, and they'll think, "What can she do?" But then I come through with the power of Thor. Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud here :rolleyes:

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That's actually a funny mental image. People will see this short, blonde, soft spoken young woman, possibly decked out in pink and cute things, and they'll think, "What can she do?" But then I come through with the power of Thor. Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud here :rolleyes:
Trade you. If i walked into a place like that they'd probably just express surprise that they hadn't seen me sooner :L

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That's actually a great image to have of yourself. Was thinking you could use an energy beam from Korton to activate your inner she-devil. If you feel an urge to ROAR, don't do it out loud - we don't want you being carried off by the guys in white coats- just feel the power and let it flow through your veins and through your pores to form a force field around you which throws incoming fire back on its source. (Don't mind me either, lol )

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
That's actually a great image to have of yourself. Was thinking you could use an energy beam from Korton to activate your inner she-devil. If you feel an urge to ROAR, don't do it out loud - we don't want you being carried off by the guys in white coats- just feel the power and let it flow through your veins and through your pores to form a force field around you which throws incoming fire back on its source. (Don't mind me either, lol )
Yeah, I love that idea! I can always have an out of body experience so they won't even know I'm there.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00