Why doesnt she respect my hard work?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Shock, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just a rant!

My girlfriend of 4 years doesnt respect my job or the hard work I put into it (even though it pays for about 80% of the activities we do but thats another rant for another day). I'm a web designer and I really like my work. Its a competitive industry so, knowing this, I slaved away doing free work every chance I could get to increase my skill and portfolio whilst I studied. I finally landed a really good job at a super cool company and am really enjoying the work. Yet she doesnt seem to give a stuff. She wants me to quit next year so we can move to another city so she can focus on her career (shes still in college). Shes not even planning on trying to finding a job here, where we live now.

Further more she wants me to take a month of holiday right when my works busiest period is (but, conveniently for her when college holidays are on). This isnt possible. My boss wont agree to it and if I try to tell her this she just gets angry and tells me 'its just a job' and to quit. Its always nag nag nag to quit my good job.

Why does she do this?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Either she is too immature to understand the importance of your work, too self-centered to care or too concerned she might lose you should you make new associates at work...without knowing her there is no way for me to tell, but in each case, she does have to adjust her attitude towards what you are doing in order for your relationship to work...just my 2 cents

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Just say to her "Honey, we really need to up our negotiation skills about this, because as it's my job, it's not only your opinion that's important,...... and to be honest, the harp needs to play another melody"......... because from what you've written, it's all about her at the moment. Best of luck!