Why don't I have the courage?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InnerStrength, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

why don't I have the courage to off myself? Its not like this is going to get any better for me. Really, everyone would be better off if I did this! :sad:

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Inner_strength,

You can get through this,you're strong. It takes more courage to continue living. Try and put your motivation into getting better instead of trying to put it into death. We all care about you here and would be saddened if you did find that courage. I'm always here if you need to talk :hug:

3. InnerStrength

Thank you sweetheart. Sometimes I feel there is just no possible way for me to improve my life. I know new years is a time for celebration, but it just makes me feel like shit because it has reminded I have wasted another year.

4. Petal

Don't look back hun. Keep moving forward. Perhaps 2009 can be the year to turn things around. Are you on medication for your depression? Do you see a therapist? :hug:

5. InnerStrength

well, you're an angel, sweetheart, you really seem to care :) Thx for being persistent.

I am on medication, but...um...not for depression. And it is self-prescribed, I should say.

6. Petal

What do you take? and perhaps its time to see your doctor. Anti depressants can help enormously with suicidal thoughts. They increase the 'happy' chemicals(serotonin) in the brain. Please give them a try. You deserve help :)

7. InnerStrength

This'll probably be my last post for tonight. But, I've tried antidepressants, they don't really help. As for what I'm taking now, I'd rather not reveal that.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Innerstrength,
    You should listen to sweetheart about being on meds. Sometimes it takes a regiment of different meds together to help. I take five different meds from my shrink and four meds from my regular doctor. I'm a walking drugstore. You have to give them time to work!!~Joseph~

9. InnerStrength

Yeah, I just wish sometimes I could've picked someone else's life. Someone less...flawed.:laugh: Whatever

10. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about picking someones elses life, alot in life comes down to luck. You can't change your past luck but you can decide how you deal with your current problems.

Try to be grateful for what you have. Sometimes I look at someone who has it worse and see how they persevere, it may sounds weird but it gives me a little bit of strength

11. InnerStrength

Yeah I do that too, I'm just trying to find a sense of worth, is all.

12. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

sometimes I feel the same way why don't I have the courage. I guess it's the fact that I still have a slim hope of things getting better.

13. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

If you can't 'off' yourself it's because your body doesn't want you to. Subconsciously you'd rather stay alive, no matter how hard it might be.
    It might seem like your life is far less than perfect. But in everyones life there is something worth holding onto, no matter how small it might be.
    I'd seriously recommend going to see a doctor about how you are feeling, if anti depressants don't work, just talking might be therapeutic and there might other things that they can offer that will make you feel better, perhaps.
    :hug:

14. InnerStrength

yeah, but, why would I want to live a loser's life? Most "losers" don't turn into winners, they stay losers.

15. InnerStrength

It's so pathetic that a trip to the cinema can screw with a person's mind so much. After the movie, I heard someone say "whats wrong with him?" and I heard what I interpreted as cruel laughter, more than once. It made me feel like the whole world was/is against me. Just re-reading this, makes me seem so worthless and stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.