Why don't I just get it over with?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Crashex94, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashex94

Crashex94 Well-Known Member

Seriously, I know that I'm gonna have to kill myself eventually. Why not just get it over with. Im only prolonging my own suffering and being a burden to my parents. Its not like I have anything to look forward to in the future. I have no talent and no social skills so what do I have to look forward to. Maybe Im afraid that it wont work and that it would only make life worse.

Well you never know until you try.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey crash,
    You have to make things happen yourself.. Like I just took up painting and I suck at it.. But it is a positive step for me.. Other wise I would just lie in bed wishing I would die..I know how you feel that you are wasting good air being here..You really need a good therapist.. Mine has gotten me to stop harping on wanting to die.. I still think of it dailey but the difference is I know I won't act upon it..
    Seek out some professional advice from a therapist and find some new hobbies..Anything to stimulate your mind.. When you isolate you stagnate.. Trust me I have been locked away in my room for years..I have come to the conclusion that this is my life.. Now I just need to stay active..I'm thinking about model building.. I know it is a kids thing but it takes patience and keeps you thinking..I wish you all the best..

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I guarantee you that your parents would rather be burdened with you alive than deal with the burden of questioning your loss and having holes torn in their hearts.

I know this through various experiences. Also, you're right...it might make it worse. Please take note of Stranger1's post also. We have over 100 years worth of life experience between us.

4. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I agree that getting a good therapist is essential. It has really helped me through my worst crises.

Social skills can be learned. For whatever reason, you might not be up to par with other people your age right now - for me it was homeschooling, isolation that my family brought upon me, and frequent moving, so I never really got a chance to learn how to socialize (that and I'm uber-socially-anxious because I've had bad experiences with people) - but you can learn through therapy and practice.

5. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i agree with what everyone says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.