Why don't men have balls any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

Account Closed
im down, name a pub and lets hit it up. I wanna get some aggression out and shag the life out of girl afterwards, make her know Im a man because I'm a rough tough son of a bitch. Because afterall ive just made her hot and wet because I proved my manlyness by kicking some other manly men's asses. I'm just obviously the most manly man there is, along with all the other manly men who fought with me. next Ill tighten my emotional aspect, go to war, fight for my country, protect the weak and the helpless, then come back home, hook up with a girl, go to a pub again, where she'll be harrassed by some not so manly men, and me being the manly man will jump and protect her from these not so manly men, and ill kick there ass, but not kick them in the balls because that's just low and that's not what honorable men do. Then I'll whisk her off her feet, and carry her to my car and prove my manly love for her once more before I jump infront of a bus to save a baby child from being hit by it. though in the end, the baby dies because Im so muscular and dense(definatly not in the head though) that i squash the baby. and as a man, I shall keep my shame of this infants death locked deep inside, because real men don't feel pain or let little things get to them. We don't use our heads and think about, the bigger picture, about maybe how if I get into a fight and injure someone whos pissed up or just stupid that I am directly affecting their life. If I break his legs or injure him, what if that stops him from working, which stops the money flow, which means he cant make his morgage payment, which means him and his wife and 90 babiesare all forced onto the streets which is why the damn baby was looking for his dummy in the middle of the road because daddys turned to a crack dealer and mommys a prostitute. Yadda yadda yadda Figure it out numb nuts. Some of us use our heads more, and instead of working on our physical attributes as much, we defer to our individuality and mental aspects. And in through this process, confrontation becomes less for some people, which can mean when they do come to an event that causes confrontation they are ill equipped. Society gives in alot now a days too, it's easier for people to do things, and some people don't have as much of a rough time in their lives, giving them moments to feel and experience things in life that they otherwise would be spending kicking some ass and strengthening the same 10 things that are important in their lives. Generalized terms for things, over and over and over again, making their drive to defend them alot stronger as opposed to someone who brances out more and hits more topics of life. Just a random moment, cant sleep :robin:

necrodude

i fight when i must. i do not cry often. i have no problem with pain. i mind my manners, and be rude when its needed. im not an alpha male. im not a wimp. im a man. and a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. but showing off my masculinity is pointless. i dont care what people think. i run in front of cars to help old women, i run in front of cars for fun. if someone needs me im there. if they dont, i do my own thing. besides, why arent women ladies anymore? they all seem to be foul mouthed, violent, etc. they dont want dates, they want drink, drugs, sex and money. at least everywhere ive been they are. meh, ill leave it there. getting too close to home for my liking.

This thread is freaking pathetic. You could say I don't have balls because I CHOOSE not to fight. I don't believe in it. If somebody picks a bar fight I'll walk out I'm not going to fight back.. does that make ME not have balls? I'm sure a lot of girls think they could beat me up when in reality they couldn't and I just refuse to fight them. It's not "cool" to pick bar-fights anymore because this generation actually tries to respect one another a little more than previous ones did.

Random

What happened to the guys that could stand up for themselves in a bar fight and actually win?
Most of them are dead or in jail. It seems that physical violence is kind of detrimental to your future in a world where it isn't necessary. Our "hard nosed ancestors" didn't have a choice in many cases because they still lived in an environment that was just barely civilized.

Brighid Moon

Member & Antiquities Friend
I'm not sure I'd consider "having balls" as any kind of physically violent thing. I think "having balls" is an inner fortitude that any human being may or may not possess. And the reason people don't have them any longer is because our society has "bred" it out of us through fear of retribution. Jails, institutions and death, oh my! Now-a-days people get their kicks out of video games, their sex online, and worry more about the right deoderant. Pathetic. I blame the (politically controlled) medias. Much more fun to watch people "live" (reality tv - of which politics are just another form any more) than actually live yourself and take a chance.

/rant

Silvio

I guess the notion of "having balls" is totally subjective and is also dependent on the context.
Personally, I feel that people who act tough all the time and initiate fights, are pretty much just insecure. On the contrary, a person who is nice and calm in any situation, who uses assertiveness to get his way and tries to avoid conflict and just resolves everything through the use of words, is just being smart,however if being calm and assertive doesn't work, then I think its about time to show some balls and whip out the "CAN OF WHOOP ASS".:Leiaha:

As for why the older generation are "tougher", well they had had different political beliefs at the time, which differ from nowadays, where we are promoting more constructive and non-destructive way of dealing with our everyday problems with our interactions with people.

-Sil:mellow:

poison

i found the OP's post really pathetic. you're pushing the stereotype that men need to be all big and tough to succeed in this world, get a GF, etc. stuff like this causes men to be insecure. worthless thread.

johnnysays

Stereotype. Metrosexuals were a phenomena that coincided with feminism. Both sexes have explored their boundaries. It's not unexpected. We live in a more open world. Going back in time is not what we should do. Woman had no rights. Blacks were segregated from the rest of society. 40% of people were smokers. Yadayadayada. We're learning more and old boundaries break down.

Some of us don't succeed. Some of those people who don't succeed are weak men. I'm an example of a weak man that hasn't succeeded in life. That doesn't mean that most or all of weak men don't succeed. Even women can succeed, and I wouldn't say that most wome are "tough" in the same way men are "tough", but there're similarities. Keep in mind that the job market is still very male dominated. There're many professions still occupied mostly by men. We have not made a full transition to an equal opportunity world. That's why so many women who're in male-dominated occupations tend to fill up on testosterone injections or feel aliented or stereotyped or harassed by their male colleagues. The battle is not done!

I agree with that lady who posted here about herself and her husband. She said that being "tough", as in a bar fighter, is not something you need to do in most life activities, maybe 98% of them (or more?). It's only a small minority of this life where we need the kind of toughness that a bar fighter might have. I'm thinking firefighters, police officers, guardsmen and military fields, etc. I'm not talking about people in the office or blue collar fields or the countless other fields where physical strength and endurance are not the primary attributes. And I'm not saying police officers or firefighters or people in the military don't also use their intelligence! Many people in those fields aren't physically active, I'm only speaking in very general terms. I"m simply saying that those fields tend to be more physically intensive and do indeed tend to attract men with those types of physical characteristics (hint: woman out there, these're the men you want... they're the tough ones... the tough cookies... the beefcakes... they exist right in front of your eyes quit looking for hte MEN in the wrong places). Even in the worst of cases, the best choice is not to get into a fight but rather to call the police. That's what the police are for. People as individuals, especially in a violent situation, do not make good choices. Most of us can make do with simple good non-violent choices that put everyones safety first. The most important thing is an education and a healthy relationship between yourself, your family, and your friends. Cultures around the world have proven you can accomplish this without being a bar fighter.

And don't blame! Ther're countless reasons people fail in life and it's too easy to focus on one factor rather than taking into account all of them. There's more blame in this world than there is time to discuss it. If you do blame, pay respects to science not opinion. The different between politics and science is that politics is an opinion and science is a fact; you get what I'm saying?

(On a sidenote... My teeth are also weak like me and crooked and only a glancing blow would probably take out more than a couple of them. That would be thousands of dollars in dental surgery on a mouth that's already well on its way to disrepair. That's more than enough reason for me to avoid fights, but it has never been difficult for me to avoid them. I never understood why people fight when I was younger, and I still don't. When I got teased or pressured, I just laughed and let them do whatever they wanted. I got pushed, shoved, punched, throw down, grabbed, bent over, hit with basketballs/volleyballs, you name it (and infinite amounts of verbal punishment), all of that and more several probably several dozen times. Why do people tease? Why do we have flame wars on forums?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Confusticated

I have an amazing girlfriend who loves me just as much as I love her, and she loves me for who I am. I don't want to go around beating the hell out of people, yet I have an amazing girlfriend? I must be dong something right, don't you think?

Guys who start fights tend to be A**holes, if that's what someone looks for in a guy, that's up to them, but why fight when there is no neeD?

johnnysays

I have an amazing girlfriend who loves me just as much as I love her, and she loves me for who I am. I don't want to go around beating the hell out of people, yet I have an amazing girlfriend? I must be dong something right, don't you think?

Guys who start fights tend to be A**holes, if that's what someone looks for in a guy, that's up to them, but why fight when there is no neeD?
I agree. There're lots of tough men that're not obvious about it. I know plenty of big hairy guys that have hearts bigger than a baby, but in a moment they're like giant growling grizzly bears out to protect their brood. 99% of the time they're just big kids doing their job and hoping things don't get out of hand (like a bar fight). The true bar fighters I know are in jail. Notice this is one of hte reason this thread makes no sense to me. I see so many strong faithfull men that I don't understand where the OP is coming from. She must be spending too much time with gays or transexuals or something or guys like me - geez get out in the world a bit! Even I've been out in the world a bit. (Speaking of getting out into the world a bit... spending too much time in this forum can really jade you. Just like suicidal people all they really need is support but sometimes in our world there's no money for something like that so they just get left alone... sad.)

I think what girls look for is confidence and atleast some manly physical characteristics. In this I mean.. men have different bodies than women. Women wouldn't want to be with a guy that looks like a girl. It's the whole package that matters though. It's hard to find the perfect set of circumstances in one person, and I think most people know that. Thats' why I don't understand this thread. Most of hte people I see in the world out there're doing fine and they understand that not everyone is going to be intelligent, ethical, faithfull, pretty/handsome, etc. The only sucky thing is the economy, and I just can't blame that on weak men. I can see this weak economy getting peoples nerves and then I see them blaming it on things because they're looking for something to blame. I blame it on politics and random dynamic chaotic fluid equilibrium (lol). It'll right itself, I really believe that, but it doesn't change how I feel about my own life or my own choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayne

I agree. There're lots of tough men that're not obvious about it. I know plenty of big hairy guys that have hearts bigger than a baby, but in a moment they're like giant growling grizzly bears out to protect their brood. 99% of the time they're just big kids doing their job and hoping things don't get out of hand (like a bar fight).

I think what girls look for is confidence and atleast some manly physical characteristics. In this I mean.. men have different bodies than women. Women wouldn't want to be with a guy that looks like a girl. It's the whole package that matters though. It's hard to find the perfect set of circumstances in one person, and I think most people know that. Thats' why I don't understand this thread. Most of hte people I see in the world out there're doing fine and they understand that not everyone is going to be intelligent, ethical, faithfull, pretty/handsome, etc. The only sucky thing is the economy, and I just can't blame that on weak men. I can see this weak economy getting peoples nerves and then I see them blaming it on things because they're looking for something to blame. I blame it on politics and random dynamic chaotic fluid equilibrium (lol). It'll right itself, I really believe that, but it doesn't change how I feel about my own life or my own choices.
As the supposedly "amazing" girlfriend mentioned in the post above, I can confirm that men that just go around beating shit out of people are highly unnattractive.. to me, at least. But then at the same time, men who will constantly take crap off people are equally unnatractive. A certain degree of confidence is important, in that sense. But men that are too confident can be cocky and just.. in love with themselves. A huge turn off.

As for what you said about "manly physical characteristics", I disagree. Personally I find long hair far more attractive on men and feminine features are proven to be very attractive, as it implies that the male in question will be more capable of looking after children and caring for the family.. regardless of whether this is the case or not x) But that said, more masculin men are supposed to carry better genetics, so other women find that more attractive.

More details here

As it goes, it seems I'm attracted to more "feminine" features.. possibly something to do with my father leaving as a child. He was what you would call masculin, so it seems reasonable that I'd be more interested in being certain that the father would take care of a child and not risk abandonment. My best friend, however, by far prefers masculin men. She can't stand men who are slender, have long hair or large eyes, but she is close with her father. That may have nothing to do with it, but y'know, its just a thought :smile:

It really varies from person to person.

Zurkhardo

Balance is the key. Keep strong and confident but don't be a violent jackass either. Plenty of real tough guys understand self-control and the values of not resorting to petty fights when it's unecessary. Many people seem to link 'fighting' with being masculine and brave, but such aggression could just as easily be a result of basic stupidity or impulse. Ther's moe to being a man than just kicking ass and taking names, especially when it could very well be contrived or even dangerous in most contexts.

Mikeintx

Balance is the key. Keep strong and confident but don't be a violent jackass either. Plenty of real tough guys understand self-control and the values of not resorting to petty fights when it's unecessary. Many people seem to link 'fighting' with being masculine and brave, but such aggression could just as easily be a result of basic stupidity or impulse. Ther's moe to being a man than just kicking ass and taking names, especially when it could very well be contrived or even dangerous in most contexts.
Just stop with the logic zurk, no matter what you say people will come in here and leave their opinion without reading any previous part of the thread ;)

bhawk

The weak are cruel, the strong do not need to be.
Live in the real world! I dont start fights, but if someone starts on me i can fend for meself.
Life can be rough in some areas, and in many areas its expected you can fend for yourself, unfortunately there are many assholes in the area who will try to test this. If you are soft then you will be fucked over....lifes a bitch. aint about being hard, its about not running in fear all your life!:robin:

Xaos

Why give this post any credit, the person cited the WWs as an example of "when men had balls" who the fuck wants another world war? Find another planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00