why don't people live in caves anymore?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by The_Discarded, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

i mean, like, i know that if i lived in a cave i would at least not have to worry about sweeping. now we have to sweep all the time because stuff gets on the floor when you drop your chinese takeout and such because you're too busy playing your wii for like 13 hours to notice what you're doing. and then, you know, if it gets on the carpet you have to vacuum. what the hell is that mess?

vacuuming? really? carpets? are our feet that sacred that we need to cushion them with soft, gentle floors? floors are for walking. they are not supposed to be enjoyed, hedonists.

your feet are ugly anyway.

and stairs? wtf? attics? basements?

there was a time when everyone and everything just shared the same space. no walls. no doors. just closeness and darkness and dirt. and survival.

and love.

seriously, why don't people live in caves anymore?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Damn Rae!!! :love:

Erm, I wouldn't mind living in a cave as long as I had access to sf :giggle:
  3. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

I think that people would get mad if they didn't have access to the interwebzz. I know I would... though, I like this post.. kinda made me happy.. And I agree, why vacuum a carpet anyways?
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

There aren't a lot of caves around...
  5. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

Hey rae, were you sweeping at the time when you thought of this?

Times have changed misus, because of technology and all things fancy like that the world just follows along with whats new. Not everybody gives into certain things (like everyone knows i down own a dryer or microwave) but for the most part, we have to pay bills its a part of life now and is it possible to rent a cave? Like im sure you would have to share with a bear or two and that could make renting difficult.

I know life was a lot simpler "back in the day" because my grandma says so but at the end of the day there isnt a lot we can do unless y'know we all go a-begging to our prime ministers/presidents/queens asking them to knock our walls down and build some more caves.

In all seriousness, there is a lot i wish i had experienced that i dont think we will ever experience again like 5c chips and cheap petrol and being able to keep your door unlocked because nobody robbed your house but its life and we all learn to move forward.

PS: I hope this makes sense otherwise blame my pregnant brain

PPS: how would we get takeaway thai if we lived in a cave without no monies etc?

PPPS: You should see if you can find these books called "Grump and the hairy mammoth" they are childrens/teens books on cave times a relative wrote, they were world known at some point.
  6. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure there are still plenty of caves in Mexico Rae.
  7. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

i just hate it when i drop my chinese :sad:
  8. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Sometimes love was not the only emotion that cave-dwellers felt. Like when they wanted the bigger cave and had to kill all of the people that lived in it.

9. just.me

just.me Account Closed

We don't live in caves any more because we are smart enough
    to build a specially designed habitats for all our needs.
    Even though I do support underground towns.
    It may seem like not a very good idea
    but cutting out of stone, underground habitats, will result
    in habitats that are immune to natural disasters such as storms
    they also save a whole lot of energy as the earth keeps a stable temperature
    during the entire year, no matter if its winter or summer.
    and we will not harm the environment by invading into animals terrorists!

every street block there will be a lift, that will give access to the top
    on every lift there will be a driving slot, and roads will connect those driving slots
    while between the roads, instead of buildings, there will be just nature, parks, beaches, hotels.
    everything ales will be underground
    I think its an awesome idea
    and with just enough technological development in this area
    we can manage to construct underground withing the normal price range
    i mean unlike on top of the ground, there is no lack of space underground
    plus there is access to more industrial jobs, coal mining, crystals mining, iron mining, gas and oil, salt, send, fresh water, all of those are abundant underground.
    And with a complete set of metros, there will be no more transportation issues
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  10. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Two words- Indoor plumbing. Or rather, lack of.
  11. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

me too :cry:
  12. pit

pit Well-Known Member

We still do. They're called condos. We actually go from cave to cave, the work cave and the home cave. We're still cave dwellers.
  13. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

cave- "A large, naturally-occurring cavity formed underground, or in the face of a cliff or a hillside."
    conominium-"(chiefly US) a building in which each unit is owned by an individual but the grounds, structure etc is owned jointly"
    Humans never lived in caves in large numbers. They were mainly used as sites of worships by early humans, hence all the drawings and shizzle.
  14. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

15. poison

poison Well-Known Member

LOL easily the best thread ever. OP achieves.
  16. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

This sounds like something an anarcho-primitivist would argue - the idea of living in equilibrium with nature, like the good (and very) old days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.