Why dont ppl understand

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by spidy, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Having attempted a few times i have found ppl have avoided me.My ex wife my sister are angrey at me.Felt save while in hospital and on anti depressants but these thghts wont go away and some of my so called friends and family even my doc seem to make me feel so guilty.Seems as suicide is taboo and just gets swept under the carpet i just wish some ppl would understand the pain i feel everyday.They seem to the the simple answer is to get over all the probs im facing.I never chose to be depressed and suicidal.I now lock myself away from ppl and spend most days and nghts alone which i know dosnt help.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

They don't understand because they have never had to feel this way. I hate doctors who think they know what your going through when they never been there themselves. Don't tell me you know how i feel because you dont' We understand here because we have been to that same mind place. The thing is the doctor should explain is it takes time to get the medication that is right for you. You have to try several antidepressants before finding the one that matches your make up. I hope you keep trying because once you find the right medication then you life will go backto being reasonable livable take care keep posting we understand really They don't get it because they never had to feel this way.
  3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Yes my doc makes me feel guilty everytime ive ended up in hosp after attempts and i even had a copper the other nght(after ive been advised by mental health nurses to ring if i feel im gunna harm myself)tell me i was a waste of resources and had his taser pulled out as i had tried to cut meself before they arrived this is why ive lost all confindence in ppl one part of my depression is caused by ppl treating me like crap and what all these ppl dont realise is tht im just as scared but the suicidal thghts seem to take over is why ive come to this site so i can meet ppl tht understand
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

A lot of people seem to feel that if they avoid the subject, it will go away. They've never felt suicidal, so they don't understand what a person goes through or how much they're hurting.

You'll find understanding people here. So please, keep talking to us.
  5. I know what you mean. The last time I attempted I had the cops, the fire department and the paramedics at my apartment. I understand that the cops have to be careful because there are some people who will try to hurt them, but they really need to be more sympathetic. I live in a smaller city so I constantly fear that I'm going to run into the cops.

If you ever want to talk I'm here, I'm here for the same reason, I don't have many friends who understand what I'm going through, and most of them don't know how to be understanding.

I'm not a great one to say this because I'm going through similar thoughts and don't want to hang in there, but try to hang in there, we're here to talk.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

police need anger management courses they always seem so angry and hurt people when all they want is some help. They are just power demons get enjoyment out of using their power to harm people who wouldnt hurt anyone but themselves. i really don't have any respect for them after what theydid to my twin i reallly thing they should be made to take courses for their anger.
  7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

trust me i undwerstand all too well sory your in the same boat
  8. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Thnx all seems ive found the rght place to come too.Nice being able to talk with ppl tht know what we feel or have been in the same situation
  9. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

We are all in the same boat on this one. I have decided no one has to understand me. Once I did that, I have a new freedom. I don't waste my time worrying if others don't understand me. It saves me some energy too.

I don't like the way the police handle suicidal people. Even when they do show understanding, they handcuff us. Go figure.

As far as the doctor and the friends are concerned, I would try to get another doctor and I would look for new friends.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.