Why DONT you want to kill yourself??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mango_goose, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mango_goose

mango_goose Active Member

Ok well i was just reading the thread about why ppl want to kill yaselves....
    But we are all still here....
    How bout some reasons why we dont want to or havent yet...

Please dont say ther is no reason not to kill yourself because if you think hard enough you'll find ATLEAST 1

I have a few reasons not to now...
    1) my BF
    2) My unborn baby
    3) my 2 gorgeus cats who just laze around all day( id so love to be a cat)

These are 3 things that keep me alive... I have ALOT more reasons to die than i have to live but the three reasons that i have listed just counteract the feeling that i want to die... Sometimes we need to look at things from a differant perspective to see what we really have. Try it you might be suprised...
    Eg. a few people in the other thread have said because they are old n still live with there parents.... WOW the love that your parents must have for you despite your faults and feelings....

2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Why don't I want to kill myself? Theres nothing that can defeat me. The human spirit is a remarkable thing. Even if there is something that can defeat me, in no way will it coerce me into killing myself.

I will always re-emerge stronger.

3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I have ppl who care for me in life and devastating them w/ my death is not something I want to do. :nono:

4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Honestly? Even though I feel like I'm at rock bottom, I just can't imagine that last moment and knowing it's really the absolute end. Just the basic survival instinct is all I've been running on for the past few years. That and the fear of failing and waking up a vegetable or something horrific like that.

I'm the kind of person who really thinks things through and I don't like anything left to chance. As it turns out, there aren't too many surefire methods and the ones that are surefire, I could just never mentally go there.

I'm a realist so I don't have any religious faith that my disembodied spirit will go to heaven or hell (or anywhere else). I do believe death is the end and frankly, that scares the shit out of me. The last moment for someone like me would be almost unbearable. I just don't think I could do it.

5. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I don't want to hurt my friends and family.

6. RCC

RCC Well-Known Member

My dog would miss me.

7. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

my sense of responsibility
    fear of what people will think
    dont wanna hurt people i love
    fear of what could be on the other side
    fear of pain and it not working out
    hope
    too many things i still would like to experience

thats not to say something wouldnt happen that could overshadow all of those reasons.

8. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

Wanting love is about all there is to it for me atm, the second I lose hope in that ever happening I'll find myself in trouble.

9. Because if I do my brother (best best BEST friend) will kill himself, and I love him very much and care about him more than imaginable and I'd never want him to die or to have any harm on himself, or pain, especially if it's because of me.

Because if I do, it'd ruin my sisters and mums life. They're two special people in my life, they've kept me going, especially my sister, since when my mum is at her worst, my sister takes over as the 'mum model' and takes care of me. I'd never wish any pain on either of them. They're my family. The closest family I've got. I love them both. And with what we've all been through, I would never want to make them go through that. Although me and my sister and mum can all argue sometimes, deep down, we all love each other.

Because I'd miss out on becoming a mother, and I love children. I'd miss out on that. Miss out on holding my baby for the first time. Miss out being able to cradle my baby, feeding it, just seeing how beautiful it is...

I'd miss out on becoming a psychologist, or helping other children, just like how I am, having first hand experience is very handy too, being able to make a differance to just one life makes it all the worth while.

I'd miss out on the little things, like going on rollercoasters, having my favourite meals, sleeping in my lovely bed, watching the simpsons... loads of little lovely stuff.

:)

10. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

why i havent killed myself...hmmm....my little brother...he's 9, and i couldnt bear to leave him without me...

11. AMSB69

AMSB69 Member

Basically because I'm too much of a coward to do it, and because (even though i don't believe it) people keep saying they care and if they do I'd hate to hurt them :sad:

12. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Can't think of a reason other than my mom "cares".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.