Why get help?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Young suicider, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

I'm suicidal 365 days a year and almost 24/7. That seems pretty unlikely that if I got help all 365 days would no longer be suicidal.

I don't want to get help and still be a little suicidal.I'm only 14 years old!I don't want to be on meds and going to the doctor for the rest of my life.I've already been suicidal 4 years!I don't want to deal with it fir 70 more years.

Why should I get help if it can never be 100% fixed.

2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

Hi there..

I dont think anyone anywhere.. whether they are suicidal or not - is 100% ok all the time.. nobody is perfect.. even though sometimes it seems that way..
    Alot of people dont need support from their doctors for the depression for their whole lives.. some people just need it for a period of time.. until the cloud lifts..
    Personally i have been on medication now for just over a year.. and although in the beginning it didnt help that much.. now i have found the right meds for me.. im much more stable..
    Maybe you could try seeking some help.. and see how it goes?
    If it doesnt work out then you wouldnt have lost anything.. thats the way i viewed it..

Take care.. :hug:
    Pm me anytime x

3. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

im 21, ive been suicidal as long as i can remember im on meds now, and its helped a lot, i still have suicidal thoughts, but overall i dont want to die. i still have SI issues, but its better

trust me it gets old quick, i hated the idea of meds too, but if they can help why not try them? if you had high blood pressure, youd take meds, if you had diabetes youd test sugar levels and possibly be on meds for that too, depression is another disease just like anything else, it sucks because people are illinformed about the disease, but like anything else it needs to be treated

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

In your signature you have future Marine.. If you have any psych background hey won't take you.. Why don't you work towards that goal..Go down and talk to the recruiters and see if you can get a copy of the Marines handbook..It will show you what exercises you need to do.. And it will show you your general orders so you can memorise them.. In boot camp there big on asking what so and so general order is..I think that is an admiral goal to have..I wish you luck!!

5. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Im so sorry that you feel so bad and at such a young age. You are in my prayers. You have so much time and can have such a great help. When I was 15 my life was so bad,but I waited to get help and lost many good years. Listen to me and get help now. Dont think abou thwat might happend or if or what if. Just please get help.Maybe if you deal with it now you will never have to again. You might be 100% fixed. I beg you please you are so young and many great days are ahead.

Tell us more about WHY you are depressed. Why do you feel so bad? Let us know we will help.

PLEASE stay with us and be our friend. We want to be your friend. Tell us everything thats bothering you .We want to know. WE CARE

Marty

6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Look you deserve to give yourself a chance to get better I hope you know that, everyone here does. Your only 14 it will get better, in the short term yes that does mean taking meds and getting help. But those bad days believe me they will get less and less, I do not want to patronise you so please do not think I am, but it can and it will get better for you. Just please give it a chance, and take care of yourself.

Rich

7. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

I like your idea.That one reason why I can not pursue help.If I tell it's over.I have to try to fight it alone.

I might go and do that this weekend.

Getting in with suicidal backround is unlikely as it is,but the branch I want to go in doesn't allow it at all.

8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

This last statement about, "Why should I get help if it can never be 100% fixed." Is not a true one. Through my faith, and prayer I have been relieved of everything I have suffered from in my past. Even when I get sick on the rare occasions I do get sick I get anointed with oil and people pray over me and I am healed. Hallelujah! I know the world tells you one thing, but Yahweh says another, and he has proven to me that there is nothing that cannot be reversed. Nothing is impossible for him. You may not feel the same way now, but please remember my words when the time comes. Blessings..

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

No one can ever be 100% fixed, because no one is perfect. Problems will always come up in a person's life, whether they are suicidal or not. What makes the difference is how you deal with your problems. You have to increase your tolerance for coping with pain. Don't sweat the small stuff. When you're older, you'll have to deal with adult issues. Still, it is always worth getting help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.