Why go on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dreffury, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreffury

Dreffury New Member

The thought of suicide's been on my mind a lot lately. The past year or so have just drained me of any hope for the future and I don't see why I should continue to suffer. I've gone through 3 rounds of heart brake, I'm down to no friends, I work a job I've grown to hate, I can't find happiness in anything, and I'm tired of people letting me down most of all. Why continue? Why believe in this bs that the future will be better? The reality is it won't, life will continue drag me further down, keep me suffering, alone and unhappy which is why I'm considering ending it in a few weeks time. I've given up on the world.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Dreffury i hope you give us a chance here ok You keep talking keep posting go to chat make new friends here. Depression can make one feel like there is no hope hun but there is ok You just cannot see it or feel it because of the sadness you are in. Are you seeing anyone hun to help you have you talked with your doctor about getting some treatment for you. NO ONE can see what the future hold hun no one can do that ok life may change you may find the one person that won't break your heart but not if you are not here.
    Don't give up ok you reach out for the help and support that is there and that you deserve. hugs
  3. Kirovski22

Kirovski22 Active Member

Ok first with actual reality: Life is CRAP. But in my opinion it's a test to see if we can create our own happiness. You need to focus on yourself more and YOUR needs no one else's. You are number one in your world and you have to take control and even though you may think "Why should I bother?" it's just how it is hun. Take control of your life and even be a bit selfish and get yourself a present every so often, tell yourself every day "Times are hard but I love you and I will help you" as if you're talking to your pain. Also being suicidal is a feeling but don't let it turn into a mindset because it gets dangerous when it does and no one should have to go through that. Don't look for love right now, if I was you i'd get yourself to that state which you want to be in before you think about it. Also, why don't you go to some community support groups? I used to go to this mental health support place where I live and it gave me a whole new outlook and gave me some positivity and I even made new friends because they understood how I was feeling and were very supportive with the help of art therapy and creative writing etc. How about trying new hobbies to relieve the stress of work etc? The future is what you make it hun. Good luck with everything we're all here for you xxx
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Lots of people have had similar experiences. For some of those people, things have gotten better and they are glad that they are alive. There have been people who have felt just as hopeless, yet things have gotten better for them.

I think that there is a good chance that things can get better for you. We may be able to help. If you want to, we could go over some of the methods for getting better.

I hope you change your mind about ending it, but I respect that it is your right to choose. I'm sorry that life has been so hard that it has brought you to this.
  5. listless

listless Banned Member

I can relate to an extent, I'm also stuck in a job I hate-even though it's not that hard and easier that many people's jobs-it's just monotonous and repetitive, I'm sick of it...it's also far below what I'm qualified to do. I'm down to a few friends myself and while these were long-term relationships, in a sense they could easily end because we can be indifferent towards one another.

Attracting women used to be easy for me but I've gotten older, fatter, less attractive so I can't get a date to save my life as the cliche goes. Plus my standards haven't really changed. I just hate life in general and feel I've seen enough and don't care much to live anymore. I only go on because close family members depend on me and on the small hope that maybe life can improve. Also frankly there's just no easy way I know to end my life. I don't want to end up worse off than I am now by getting my suicide wrong. However the thought that I can end if I was really intent on it, does give me peace of mind. I'm in my early 40s now and have given myself till 50 at the most. If things don't get better then I will definitely end this life.

I don't know how old you are but if you're younger then you should try to change your situation. Things always seem worse when you're young.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.