Why have you not commited suicide? [Possible trigger]

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Krem, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Since you´re reading SF, you're alive. Unless you're some sort of zombie, in which case I beg of you to send me a message to explain it. Anyway. You're alive, which means you've not killed yourself. Why? What keeps you going? What aids you to survive?

If you can't think of anything, think harder. Maybe you're just not suicidal.

My survival is thanks to it being too much of an effort to kill myself.

2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Because life is too damn entertaining.

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

quite frankly..its only because I have failed at my attempts. Lets hope this weekend will be my final attempt.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Oh I'm suicidal but not as much as I used to be...
    there was a time that all I thought about was dying....
    that was when i was married....
    I got a divorce and some meds and lots of therapy...
    I recently lost one of my children to suicide....
    thoughts of suicide come and go....
    one of my children and 2 of my grandchildren keep my alive at the moment..
    don't want to leave them with any more pain
    without them I have nothing left...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  5. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I guess it's becasue of the people I'd hurt if I did it, that and trying to be optomistic that it can only get better from here right?

I don't really get what you mean about it being "too much of an effort" though... that seems kinda... counter intuitive :dry:

6. CloudCatching

CloudCatching Well-Known Member

^ This.

If there was a way to will away all people that'd care, I'd do it.

7. White_Darkness

White_Darkness Well-Known Member

Well, I failed my attempts, obviously.. But aside from that, I think I never really wanted to die, if you get my point. I mean, of course I did, but somewhere deep inside, I must've been scared. Because otherwise, I would've done it properly (sorry if I'm upsetting anyone with that remark, <3)

But - I am grateful for not being able to terminate myself, because my bf turned out to be my savior. He's one of the few reasons I'm still here.

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i stay only because i know pain i leave others if i go but i do want to go so badly

9. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i don't know

10. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

It's easier to do nothing than plan some painless suicide that won't fail. And then setting it up and so on.

11. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

A few failed attempts~ and I'm still here for whatever reason.

12. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Its not for the want of trying (resuscitated on 2 attempts). What gives me the extra strength to carry on is I don't want to leave my 2 children (who don't live with me) behind and without a father.

13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

at the moment the thing keeping me going is the possibility of getting inot art colllege and getting back to tattooing, that and my bf hes my rock. it would kill my mum as well if i was to kill myself.

14. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

A) Because I haven't got the guts.
    B) Because it would kill my mother and I just cannot do that to her.
    C) Because I'm scared of what is on the other side.
    D) Because deep down I don't want to die, I want to get better.

I know full well that if I were to do it, it'd be done, there would be no failed attempt.

I'm sure I'll get shot down for this but my true belief is 9 times out of 10 if a person really wanted to do it - it'd be done. I have read so much about other peoples suicides and when I look at the ways they killed themselves, it's fairly clear they in no way wanted to fail, just by the methods they used.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  15. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with you...I know if it comes to that point I will not attempt I will commit..
    no coming back..

16. alison

alison Well-Known Member

Because I feel guilty to my parents/brothers/friends

Because my previous attempts have failed

Because I just spent some time in hospital, and I want to give this whole 'recovery' thing a shot

Because I want to know what happens in all my favorite tv shows!!! LOL

17. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I love my family too much, basically, that's why I haven't done it. Well, I made a serious attempt almost 3 years ago but failed... I won't try again. It's not worth it, even though I still have the feeling sometimes. I know my grandmother would have a heart attack or something if I died... :sad:

I rarely feel suicidal nowadays, I've improved drastically, but I will stay here on SF anyway as I'm still too fragile.

18. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

Then, if you are scared of dying, you are not ready to die.

19. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Because I don't want to hurt my friends and family. I've been guilted out of leaving everytime I've decided to go.

20. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

because my family won't leave me alone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.