Why Haven't You Done It Yet? *Triggers*

Why Haven't You Done 'It' Yet?

• Fear: I'm scared of the pain death might bring to me and I'm scared of what is on the other side.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • Hope: I don't want to die, I just want to get better and I want to fight this.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Guilt: My family/friends would never forgive me and they would never understand.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Coward: I just say I am going to do it. Truth is, I have no plans to and I never have.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Method: I haven't thought hard enough about one that I can cope with yet.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Other: Please comment

Votes: 28 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fearful that if i attempt something big and survive, ill never be trusted.
and im scared that once im on the other side ill regret it.
im scared.
i do want to do it.

DreamReaver

If the attempt fails, what will happen, that scares the the hell out of me. If it was 100% guaranteed to work the way i want to do it. I would have been dead long ago.

Pilko

I am scared I may go somehere that might be worse plus what if I do it wrong..I know people would miss me but you don't think about that at the time

What keeps me from killing myself is a morbid curiosity of seeing how bad things can get before I finally do it.
God that is so me.
I often think I'll be living in a box somewhere with only the pee stained clothes on my back, having rummaged through a bin to get my last meal, not being in contact with any friends or family because I robbed them blind to fuel my heroin/crack/crystal meth addiction and then finally at my lowest point I'll be staring into the river and I'll jump... or something!

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
I keep hoping that I will get better. It seems right now I'm in the non-suicidal phase that I'm in sometimes, but I can feel my mood steadily going towards how I was just a month or so ago. I just hope I can turn myself back around again before I get that bad again....

Vangelis

I can if I willed myself to do it, but I feel it's not time yet. The past I have tried, but my body refuses to give up and let it carry out my wishes. I still feel my body isn't ready yet. There is hope, but hope can only go so far before it crashes and burns. How many times have I crashed and burned? Too many times, but not enough to impact me to the point where I just want to take a gun and shoot myself a few times. I'm taking on more stuff in life, a relationship, college, and a part time job. I feel and expect one of those if not all to crater...and that's when the big one hits....but I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket though. I just continue living on, making people that don't wish to know me feel happy, my girlfriend feel happy, and when my time comes, they're so involved in whatever they're doing they won't notice when I finally slip and disappear.

I've tried to do it many, many times before. So it's not the thoughts of myparents or my kids....it was random attempts.

I'm not even scared now. I want to go and be with the angels on the other side, with the people who loved me and departed before me.

I haven't done it cos of the lack of meds. Psych saysd I am a risk LMAO and only gives me a weeks worth of meds at a time.
Could always ask my doc for some Diazepam too. I used that stuff before.

And my ex refuses to take my kids and has said he will put them in a foster home.......Nice ex eh!!!
There's nothign here for me. But the kids need me. I only live for them.

I put hope but it's also fear. Scared of being dead. Not scared of dying, not scared of that actual process, but of being dead and there just being nothing, I don't believe in any afterlife so I'll just never think or feel or be and even though in some ways that sounds like bliss, it scares me more than anything ever will. But hope in that I don't actually want to die, I just don't want to live my life as it is now, as it has been. I want to live, just not my life...so I hope things will get better but it's hard to believe in that hope. I have tried quite a few times before but not truly in earnest of ending up dead.

wastedmylife

a bunch of reasons, I am sure it will kill my family and maybe some other people I know if they found out

also other people left me in this shape I am in and it would be pathetic if i just killed myself

Purely guilt. I've been thinking this over for months. I've picked my method, and have the materials under my bed. I'm free from all obligations, after fucking up my education and quitting my job, leaving me with nothing to look forward but further failure. I have no friends, with the exception of a couple of guys I play an online game with, and of my family, my sister is too young to notice...so I've spent the last few weeks wondering if I can really do this to my Mum.

Part of me thinks it'd be easier to just be selfish and do it, the guilt would only last a few minutes before peace, it's just hard to make that decision. Do I really want to live the rest of my life for someone else, not wanting to be here? Maybe the best thing to do would just be to start an arguement and walk out, so she'd never know, but I'm not sure that'd even be better than her knowing I'd killed myself. What a shitty position to be in.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am not currently suicidal but I guess the reasons I am still here are: fear,guilt and hope combined. Can't be a bad thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00