Why Haven't You Done It Yet? *Triggers*

Why Haven't You Done 'It' Yet?

• Fear: I'm scared of the pain death might bring to me and I'm scared of what is on the other side.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • Hope: I don't want to die, I just want to get better and I want to fight this.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Guilt: My family/friends would never forgive me and they would never understand.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Coward: I just say I am going to do it. Truth is, I have no plans to and I never have.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Method: I haven't thought hard enough about one that I can cope with yet.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Other: Please comment

Votes: 28 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vangelis

Death should never be done in fear, guilt, or any of the above choice mentioned. If one has all those listed in their life then they're not ready for death. Myself, I rather be calm, rational and accepting of my own decision, but not marginalized at all by fear, guilt, hope, or cowardice. So far I'm not fearful, I'm not guilty, nor am I a coward, but all I have left is the my will to live and hope in the horizon.

Daydreams

I don't honestly know why I haven't gone through with it or succeeded (I feel even more pathetic for trying and having failed), I cannot claim any sort of guilt as I've practically pushed away most of the people who would care. Part of me has some hope that it'll get better and I think another gets a sick thrill outta the whole ordeal of living.
In the end I just think it comes down to laziness... though since having moved I think I've found a quick simple way, only problem is I don't want to end up living as a cripple, I suppose it's a situation where only time will tell. Perhaps with any fortune the feeling will pass and it will just be... a phase? A passing tantrum or something?

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
I'm struggling to put things on order for me to go. So far I've found a new love of cooking. I am kind of like House after rehab. He kept trying new things because of the pain in his leg. I am trying new things because of the pain in my heart.

Remedy

Chat & Forum Buddy
Mainly because 'my' methods are inaccessible for a while yet. Even if that wasn't the case, I'd probably be too scared of them failing...
I have this horrible image of me half dead somewhere.

Oh and my dad. He's really tried his hardest to look after me, suicide would be saying 'you did all that for nothing'.

boo

Fear of failures, fear of pains, fear of hurting my family, but yea in the end it doesnt matter. It's not the fall that count but the crash

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
I know my death by suicide would put several people close to me into a life of hellish depression and despair. My Brother who with me survived the brutalities and chaos of our upbringing would absolutely horribly injure or kill himself in a impulsive suicide attempt.

The only certain method of ending my life I have access to is very violent and I don't want to further injure my loved ones with that mental image of my last moments. It is painless and certain but I would have to be very sedated or intoxicated for it to be peaceful. I have another method which would be peaceful and very nearly certain but it is that small risk of survival terribly injured that has me reluctant to ever attempt it.

As other people have mentioned they have heard when a person successfully ends their life they always regret it "on the other side". I don't believe in the afterlife but on that subject I am definitely in the minority. If there is a situation more miserable than my circumstances at this moment it would be the Hell of me conscious in the afterlife, regretting my death and having to see my loved ones suffer.

I chose other but it's also guilt.

My depression mostly comes from the world telling me I was a pathetic loser who would never amount to anything. Ever since I was little people have made fun of me daily and cast me aside as an outcast. Even my parents who I know love me so much, doubt that I'll ever make them proud.

So, I always felt like I would let them get the best of me or last laugh if I gave up and did the deed. I'm still here to rub it in everyone's face that I AM better than them in every single aspect of life. They shouldn't have doubted me.

I chose other, but mainly it's a mix of just about all of those...

I do have various plans and even the materials to do so and then other plans where i can easily get the materials. I also have set dates but often put them off [coward] because there's that small part of me that kind of wants to fight it[hope] and small part that feels a slight guilt for my friends and pets only. Mainly my pets.[guilt] I used to be afraid of what was on the other side but now i don't really care i just want out of this world. At this time i do have a date and i strongly beleive i will stick to it. With that being said about the coward part and putting off dates i have never openly said for example 'im going to kill myself tonight' or 'Im going to kill myself on X day at X time' i keep all that a secret regardless of how serious it is, i geuss if i don't tell people it's more of a chance to succeed without being interrupted.

I geuss it's difficult to explain and get my feelings across.

phoenix44

Fear, mostly. I'm not an impulsive person at all, and I second-guess myself with even the smallest decisions. If I were to commit suicide, there would be no escape route, no way of going back. This scares the hell out of me.

Guilt is also a huge factor. I don't want to put my family through the shock of seeing my dead body. I do think they'd be better off without me, but of course they would never admit that to themselves. I wish I could just erase their memories of me, to eliminate any guilt I'd feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepwalk

One reason is the finality. Anything else that can be tried to better your situation ceases to be an option once you commit suicide, but suicide is always there as an option when the pain gets too great. Granted, most wouldn't consider suicide as an option, but that's kinda why we're here.

For me the biggest reason is concern for the people we leave behind. Not guilt or fear that they will be angry with me, but not wanting to cause them a fraction of the pain I've lived with most of my life. There's always been at least one person in my life I worried would find my suicide all but unbearable. In my early twenties I alienated most of my friends, and I find myself doing the same thing now.

The finality of it all.

The only thing which keeps me going it knowing that i was happy at some point in the past. Ive forgotten how that feels but if i live long enought i might run into happyness again some point down the road.

I just hope its not too long because i can only walk so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00