why i am here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by mknze, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mknze

mknze Member

Hello

I am new here and still getting used to the idea that I need a community of people who have depression.

Here is a little bit about my story, it is still super hard for me to talk about but I will give it a shot anyways.

August of 2011 everything changed in my life, I was a sophomore at college and loving life or I thought. I thought everything had to be perfect and I took things personally. I was running sound for an event for the kick off of a new school year and of course there were issues, I took it personally. I also made the mistake of taking a 5-hour energy shot (literally had less than a fourth of it) and was bouncing off the walls! That night was horrible, I thought of things I wasn't proud of and I confined in some friends who got me some help.

I was hospitalized for 3 days and it showed me that I suffer from anxiety and depression but mostly anxiety at that time. Its been a downward spiral ever since, I also have ADHD which complicates things a little bit.

Most days are good, others are bad. I need a community of people who understand, I still haven't told some of my friends at school about it. I do therapy and on meds and it helps but I need a community to lift me up when I am down and encourage me when I am good.

I hope this will become my community and I can get better one day.

if you can relate please respond, I would love to hear what worked and what didn't as I begin a journey or recovery.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I do know what crippling anxiety feels like...I was so phobic of strangers that I used to walk across the street and mostly at nite so I would not have contact...and so anxious that I could never rest...I hope you find company as well, and keep posting; it is a good way to let people know what you are going through which helps them to support you and accept support from you

3. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

Welcome to SF :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.