Why I Am No Longer Suicidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righteous

Whats up people? I thought I would share with u why I am no longer suicidal. I'm gonna try not 2 make this 2 long so I will divide this topic into sections in case u wanna read some now and come back and read later. My different sections will show u the main reasons why we want 2 kill ourselves and how I overcame them.

I) I Don't Really Dwell Among Human Society

U see, the problem with most people is that they seek acceptance from others. People won't someone to impress, love, or basically 2 make them happy. There's the problem. U can not seek humans 4 your happiness. Happiness comes from within your soul. How is this? u may ask, well spiritual meditation can lead 2 inner peace. When Buddha said that we should not heavily attach ourselves 2 the things of this world he wasn't just talking about money, diamonds, and other luxury items, he was also talking about separating yourself from certain people as well.

Even when some people can't find good friends, they will settle 4 evil friends just so they can feel accepted and not be lonely. Same is true 4 relationships. If some men or women can't find a good partner, they will settle 4 an evil partner just so they won't feel lonely.

So I got 2 the moment in my life where I said "this madness has 2 stop". Just like the Morgan Freeman character said in the movie "Wanted", "Waking up everyday expecting human civilization 2 get right and peaceful is insanity"(Those weren't the exact words but thats the message he was giving) We just have 2 face reality, 90% of humans are evil. The odds of finding good people are extremely low.

So now I live a life of solitude. Well kind of anyway. It wouldn't be fair 2 all my friends if I just completely stay away from them. However, I only deal with friends probably 4 or 5 days out of a month. No more of that being people all the time crap. Also no more of a lot of phone gossiping crap.

Being around your friends a lot can increase the chance of chaos breaking out. So, 2 maintain my friendship with people, I only hang out with them every once in a while. Also, u know u can't put full trust in all your friends. There will be some friends who will observe your every move and your life pattern just 2 see when he or she can steal from u. And that's why I'm not so crazy about having friends, because some friends value paper and coins over their fellow man or woman.

I'm not encouraging all of u 2 live like this because some of u may truly have good friends. Like I said not all humans are evil just 90% of them. U may have been fortunate enough 2 find people in that 10% group. I'm just saying if u can't find good friends or u have doubts about your friends u may wanna consider this lifestyle I live.

I don't feel lonely at all. I get extreme pleasure from video games, movies, alcohol, and the internet. Sad as that may sound 2 some of u, but its true. I would rather indulge in alcohol, video games, movies and the internet rather than 2 be around people a lot.

I'll bring up the other reasons later, seeing as how long this post is.

Jenny

Staff Alumni
I'm really glad that you're no longer feeling suicidal and thank you for sharing what's worked for you here with us. Hope things continue to improve for you and I'm looking forward to hearing your other reasons x

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I don't feel lonely at all. I get extreme pleasure from video games, movies, alcohol, and the internet. Sad as that may sound 2 some of u, but its true. I would rather indulge in alcohol, video games, movies and the internet rather than 2 be around people a lot.
I almost feel the same way. These things brought me pleasure once. Now they just pass the time away.

Sometimes I wish I had some connection to people, I wish I was a good son, or a good husband or a good friend. I'd like to think I had some qualities that would be of benefit to others. I've spent 20 years playing games now and I'm still crap at them. What a life eh? Still it could be worse, so who knows what's right or wrong?

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
In response to Ziggy who said that he nowadays uses the Internet just to kill time because it NO longer gives him any pleasure. That is exactly why I limit my internet use to just the public library...having gotten rid of the computer at home. Reason is because socializing just on-line kept me feeling just as empty. Even my psychotherapist insistently tells me that gaming and chatting on-line is NOT socialization. In other words, humans were meant to interact IN-PERSON.

Don't get me wrong, the Suicide Forum and its chatroom is helpful, but should NOT be used as the be-all & end-all of socialization. At best, it's a temporary or transitional period by which and from which we can gradually phase into IN-PERSON interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00