Why I can't have girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Hurted, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

That's what i've been wondering for the past 8 years...
    I know i'm ugly. But i'm not that ugly. I don't know why nobody never shows any interest in me....
    Is it my look? Is it possible that something else i'm not aware of is also the reason? Like that i'm too shy and other girls think i'm not interested in them?
    What are possible causes for my problem? Does anyone has any expiriences like this?
    And what should I do? Should i talk to shrink or what? I would feel a little stupid, considering the fact that most people would not say that I have a reač problem...

2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

If you want to poke at her...

Other case talk to the girls

3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

me 2 :'( I expirence the same for the last 8 year :"(

4. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Consider where you're posting. You likely have issues with depression. How well that depression is concealed when you enter the public isn't known. Women can often pick up on low self-esteem (should you have that), and if you're walking around miserable, that is a huge turn off. Shyness can definitely factor in as well. Generally women like to be approached.

5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

It could be a number of reasons. It could be low self-esteem and depression like orange said, it could be low confidence, it could be that you're just not that attractive. Even if it is the last one, there is bound to be at least someone that finds you attractive, you just haven't found them yet. How outgoing are you? Do you go out to pubs and clubs and social events? Do you know how to talk to women? Ask yourself what you have to offer, and what sets you apart from every other man, and work on it. And remember, the most important thing is confidence.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2009
  6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

A lot of women will happily date a shy guy, even an unconfident one. But the fact of the matter is have you asked any out?
    A girl is not going to fly down from the sky and land in your lap. You've gotta make a move! If you're really shy you could try internet dating websites. It takes some of the hard work out.

7. HiddenTears

HiddenTears Well-Known Member

Wow, I am the exact same way as you. I even attempted suicide a couple times because of it. I'm athletic, workout 3 hours a day, played a sport for my college (which was only a year ago), I would consider myself very smart, I'm a great person (probably one of the best when it comes to caring for someone I love), and I have a decent job. But I don't know what the hell is the matter with me, other than I must be ugly as fuck because I can't meet anyone and on the rare occasion that I do, they never want me. Just know that you aren't alone on this, if that helps any...

8. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Gee, why wouldn't someone want to date you? LOL, im just jokin man, but just think about it for a second. You are on a suicide forum. Your depression is bad enough that you think about ending your life... maybe now is not the time to think about dating... one step at a time. Work hard on getting rid of your depression and things will fall in place, trust me :)

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering if the OP and Hidden Tears are 100% sure nobody has ever shown any interest in them?
    Because my brother is the same - convinced no girl has ever fancied him when I know of at least two that have! (one of my friends and my mums friends niece). He said he had no idea and I can tell he didn't believe me. But then again neither of those girls made it obvious or ever even said anything, so how would he have known?

Women tend to do this because we are still living in the dark ages for the most part and expect to be approached, and if you're a shy guy or a guy with low self esteem, even if there IS a girl out there who wants you, you'll probably dismiss her altogether or not even realise that she is interested! I'd hazard a guess that 7 out of 10 women probably wouldn't or haven't asked a guy out, because they expect to be asked out.
    So unfortunately boys, you're going to have to do the chasing and the asking.

10. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Yep. One guy kill himself and he was wrote his letter 'and because *name* did not like me. Women can not read minds. Maybe you can not get a girl who you first want even you ask but maybe next or next to next say yes for you. Do not care about girls look yourself either.

11. HiddenTears

HiddenTears Well-Known Member

I would love to be over my depression and my horrible way of thinking, but the fact is every girl who I want that shows no interest in me just reassures me of why I hate myself so fucking much. And no I don't show them this side of me, but I don't ever get a chance to show them any side of me because they pretty much give me the fuck off attitude. It has to be because I am ugly, what other reason would there be? I am such a good person, but I never get to show them that. In all honesty, I'm at the point where I avoid girls because I am so fucking sick of being hurt. Every girl in the past couple years who I have fallen for have been for simple reasons, like this one said, "hi to me today, she actually noticed me," but then they just leave and never talk to me again... I wish I didn't need anybody so that I would stop wishing I had somebody.

12. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Me too. I am pretty good way on that. But I am an pack animal so I still need my pack :evil:

Fu*k**g Life

:evil:

13. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

When they like me, I don't like them. When I like them, they don't like me :)

14. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Girls generally don't show interest until you show some first. Unless you were born looking like Orlando Bloom, you'll have to go and talk to girls if you want them to notice you. If you're unconfident about the way you look, get some nice clothes, shave and do something with your hair if you have any. It's rough at first but you'll get used to it if you take it seriously and don't give up after you get brushed off a few times. There are some pretty cool girls out there regardless of what the media tells you, just go and talk to them.