Why I cut and burned my forearm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by sadgirl2, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadgirl2

sadgirl2 Active Member

I've really been working on not injurying myself for the past year, but do slip now and then. I slipped this weekend after my ex told me that he had all these problems and they were my fault for divorcing him and was I happy. It feeds right into my feeling guilty about not being able to handle to stay in the marriage or make things right. So I did a hack job.

The next day he added a few more things, so I add a few burns. It was a hard weekend. My son and girlfriend broke up. An altercation between my ex and her friends & family took place so the police were called. My son called for me to pick him up. As I was doing that he got a call that his best friends mom and little brother had gotten hit by a car. We rushed to the hospital. She did not make it. She was a single parent.

So today, I'm feeling low. Wish I didn't cut or burn. Wish there was something I could do to take the pain away from the family who is hurting. Feeling like I'm doing a terrible job at work. And realized, I really just need to find a way to like myself. Not punish myself.

2. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

u r so right... love .. forgiveness..hope.... acceptance... and a good night sleep... and a good true friend... i wish u all of the above....

3. sadgirl2

sadgirl2 Active Member

I guess I just had to acknowledge to myself why I did it. I have learned other reasons, and kindof forgot this one. So I want to be more prepared next time so that maybe, just maybe I will be able to stop myself. :smile:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:hug:s to you hun. It is good that you recognize why you did what you did. You are right about setbacks, they do happen. As long as you realize that even though you had a few problems with your goal not to SI, you can still succeed. Please take care and stay safe. You are important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.