Why I do it...and I hate it....

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by A_pixie, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I don't like people around me, everyone seems so much nicer when I'm drunk.

I'm not an alcoholic, I have abused drugs in the past but I'm OK now, but does anyone just think "fuck it, I'll drink up so I can bring myself to be around these bastards" it's not my friends, it's life in general that is making me drink like this. I abuse solvents and my medication just to dabble with my mind and see if I can come up with the answers.

I talk easier when drinking as well, less shy, more relaxed. My parents keep having a go at me for falling over wasted when I get home but they drink all the fucking time. What business is it of theirs if they drink every fucking night??? If things were a little better maybe I wouldn't do this to such excess.

My Mum hungover gets bad depression and can't help me when I'm feeling suicidal she just doesn't understand.

I just want to kill myself. It annoys me because I don't drink every day or anything, but when I hit the bar I just don't know my limit.

Like I said, life doesn't seem so bad when I'm drunk...

Am I alone?

2. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

on these points, i feel exactly the same - in fact they could have been written by me.

i agree everybody seems nicer when drunk but they problem is that in reality (when sober) they may not be that nice after all.
    plus i have come to realize that they may be much nicer when drunk but i am certainly not and thats the problem.

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I drank to numb the pain and misery of living my life. Since the beginning of the year I've vowed to quit drinking cause my life was totally unmanageable. I've quit and relapses too many times but am trying again. I cannot drink, not even one drink, cause I can't control my drinking. It is killing me physically and emotionally and I have to stop for good.

Just my opinion.

4. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I drink to deal with the people around me. For example last week I had to meet an ex of mine and her new bf for a drink her new bf was one of my best friends so to make the evening go by smoother without me losing it I got absolutely wasted. It made the night easier I do the same at home as well being drunk just makes going through life so much easier.

5. You're not alone. I've been drinking myself to sleep for years. Drinking is great when you're not blacking out and waking up in strange places. I can say from personal experience, it never ends well. So find your limit, before you get on that train.

6. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

I drink to block out the pain, problem is i either drink too much or when i sober up the pain comes back, in a constant dull haze is where i would like to be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.