Why I Eat :-(

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by RedBall, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedBall

RedBall Member

I over eat because I’m unhappy and it’s the only thing that comforts me. I eat junk food alone in my room so no one sees me and it helps me relax. I ate so much sugar last weekend I felt sick but I still ate more junk food. I never stop when I’m fool.

I’m getting fatter and I’m now ashamed to go out with my friends as I’m ugly and don’t want to be the fat one in the group. I feel sick and bloated a lot of the time as I cant sit down and relax without food. I feel so sad and want to cry as I know I’m missing out on life because of this.

I cant talk to anyone about this because I’ve got depression and I’m a guy so they will think I’m just making it up and its another problem I’m creating. And every time I go for help I find it hard to say how bad I find things, then I just say I’m ok and try and forget that it’s a problem.

2. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

Welcome Redball. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. :hug:

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi sweetie . . .:sad: i am sad for you - because you feel so bad.

i know how it feels, to eat alone, and for comfort.

now. we are all shapes and sizes, you know? as i have gotten older, i have realized that it's not possible to be whatever the world WANTS me to be.. . ..
    so i wish you would realize that your beauty has nothing to do with the outside of you - nor does it have to do with the '''worlds'' perception.

i've had body image problems for many years - and getting past them now. you can pm me anytime hun, i totally understand. reach out to other friends here too hun - i care about you..... :hug:

4. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

hi redball :hug: i'm sorry you're feeling so low
    i know it seems really hard to get out of this vicious circle you're in now, but don't give up, it's possible to turn your life around and get happy again!
    you said you can't talk to anyone about this because you're a guy... that shouldn't stop you getting help hun. and anyway, you shouldn't have to do this alone, however hard it seems to involve friends.
    you have already ackowledged your problem, but trying to find ways to deal with it requires more insight. perhaps, when you feel more comfortable talking about it, you can talk to someone on here (maybe me, i'm always available to talk to :smile: so don't hesitate to PM me anytime and i'll get back to you asap) and then you might feel comfortable going to your doctor to talk about what sort of help you can get.
    just to let you know, i've been there myself, i used to have Binge Eating Disorder (B.E.D) but i've got through it (albeit in the wrong way, but i'm on my way to helping myself now too).
    good luck hun :heart:
    laura x

5. RedBall

RedBall Member

I don’t think they way I feel is because I’m not how the world wants me to be. I’m suicidal because I’m not who I want to be. I don’t want help to feel better as I’ve never felt better. All I’ve ever done is try and deal with the pain, and the ways I’ve dealt with the pain have made me worse (over eating and stuff like that)

I want help to die not to get over my eating. :sad:

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Redball,

I used to comfort eat all the time. It's not that hard to stop. All you have to do is find something else to comfort you such as a new hobby,music , reading etc.. You need to stop associating food with your moods :)

You shouldn't be ashamed of how you look. If they are true friends,they will love you no matter how you look. Perhaps you should see a dietician to help you get back on track.

I hope you feel better soon,

Lynn :heart:

7. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

thing is.. if you don;t want help then there isn't much anyone can do.. i think you have to get to the point where you want it. having help could enable you to be who you want to be... and certainly make you feel better. nobody can force you tho.. but ultimately living in misery is far worse than going to get some help...

please consider it?

8. blue shoes

blue shoes Well-Known Member

RedBall PM me if you ever need to talk. I have the same issues, I know how bad it can get.

9. RedBall

RedBall Member

Thanks everyone for your words. I'm thinking about what you have all said and I'm trying to be better and not how I am now. I guess I just have to try and buy myself some time and hope that things work out.

10. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

I understand everything you had to say (I'm a guy). I've been fat and I've been thin and I ultimately was pretty depressed either way, until I stopped looking to others for their approval. You've got to declare your independence from society. Most people are fairly self-centered and shallow, and their good or bad opinion of you should not really count for much.

Find your inner steel. Be ruthless in your self-determination. Don't let anyone have any power over you.

These days, I'm rather fat, but I don't allow anyone to have an opinion on the subject that matters the least little bit to me.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.