Why I have been gone for three months

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by pisces-music-girl, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Why have I been gone? I really don't know. I feel guilty almost- like I abandoned all of you. Everyone. White Dove especially.

But somehow I just never logged back on. Let me fill you in on what's been going on at least with me. Kyle, who I went down the the school counselers about because I was afraid he was going to kill himself, is my friend again. But that's another story. Anyway...

Guidance does shit. Sorry for cussing, but it's true. You tell them that you've lost all interest in life... and they look at you funny and ask how things are. I finally stopped cutting around the end of September, haven't since but I have seriously thought of it since. I've had other forms of self-harm, but not cutting. I want the scars to go away. I think.

I went to the, ahem, girl doctor in October. I don't see why. They really should have sent me to a shrink instead of an ob-gyn. They would have really gotten down to the root of the problem then. However, while in Mrs. Dr's office I told her about the girl problems. Like irregularity and such.

I also told them about the mood swings and tried to get across how severe, violent and sudden they are. But those fell on a deaf ear and she didn't understand.

NO ONE understood that the mood swings are the REAL issue.

So they scheduled a nice little sonogram. When they were calling my name for the sonogram, everyone looked at me funny, down their noses- like here's another teenage pregnacy. Add the fact that I wore a skirt that day. Even the doctors looked at me distainfully until they learned that the real reason for the visit was my cycle was all out of whack.

I could be imagining that... but I'm not so sure. I'm hypersensitive to being judged, so...

They thought they found the problem: polycystic ovaries. HAH. Let me tell you, the guy that did the sonogram told me they didn't look polycystic. But the doctor told me they did, slightly. So we really still don't know why my body suddenly turned on me- the nausea, the loss of appetite, irregularity, the intense stomach pain- so they're only paying attentin to irregularity and calling it polycystic ovaries.

Now I did do my research and the only critera I meet is irregular cycles. I meet nothing else- I really should be sprouting hair and a whole bunch of other not-so-pleasant things. Now depression and anxiety IS linked, but only because I should be upset about my apparence- which is fine.

But more and more I am meeting critera, have matching symptoms and everything starts to look more and more like a mood disorder. I know that if I bring this up to physicians they will be dismissive (because it's rare).

But... it's not that I'm bummed. I was ready to kill myself. I was cutting nearly every day in September. My sorrow, my guilt, my depression, my anger and my hoplessness was swallowing me. I was making plans to kill myself (in fact, in September I had planned to be dead by now). Polycystic ovaries don't do that.
  2. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

I've suffer from Polycystic ovaries in my youth and have been operated more than once to remove them...... and your symptoms do fit the profile.

As it seems you could have dual problems or issues. Physical and mental issues I mean.
    Have yourself followed for the polycystics ovaries and at the same time, make an apointment with a shrink directly and discuss it openly with him-her.

Too often having more than one problem at the time do confuse doctors as good as they might be hun. they are good in their field yet when it comes to other issues they are at lost and instead of admitting or considering other possibilities as of a need for another collegue to visit you (dunno feel cheated perhaps bohhh) they pretend that nothing is wrong or dismiss other 'symptoms' (iissues).

Since yo are aware of other issue, take it in your own hands to seek proper help and care.

Good luck and let us know eventually what happened with the ohter issue.

Be well and stay safe hun
    granny x
  3. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

It's really annoying when people make assumptions and refuse to actually listen to what a person is saying. They especially tend to do that to younger people for some weird reason. Too many stereotypes :(

Sorry to hear about the ovaries thing... I don't know anything about that though. I hope everything gets sorted out, and I'm glad you're still alive :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.