Why im not afraid of afterlife

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by touglytobeloved, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

What possible options do we have after we die? From all the stories i have heard, i can say this:

1. there will be nothing, we cease to exist. this is not bad, actually, its perfect, there will be no pain and sorrow for the first time, there will be nothing.

2. afterlife, heaven or hell, God. If i suicide, i wont go to hell, as i definitely deserve heaven after all i have suffered in my life. And btw, if there is really hell, then im already there.

3. reincarnation in life worse than this, untill you leave to the end. well, fuck it, i will suicide now, i will reborn again, will have the same life as this or worse, and i will kill myself again and again. at least i will have some good years before i suicide in the next life.

So, tell me why should i be afraid of wahts after life if i suicide?
  2. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

If there is a heaven and a hell then there is a purgatory. This means there is a God, and if there is a God the only way to make everything "fair" is that after death there must be incredible pain, even for good people before reaching heaven. The pain must be greater then any earthly pain, greater then holocaust victims, greater then a person in constant agony. Think about how can heaven exist? You must be perfect, you must love everything, and have complete goodness, the only way to do this is by being "purged" into a pure being.

I think if there is a heaven, then all people when they die go to purgatory. And I think it means unimaginable pain.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There is nothing to fear in the afterlife because death is permanent no chance of happiness no chance things will change it is over. The only thing death brings is more pain to others that are left here. You want rid of your pain a way out of your pain. Pain is the demon not life I think therapy is not working than get a new therapist meds not working then get new medication
    get into a different enviroment that is positive do something different join a gym join an activity just get out of the path you are on Death is permanent nothing to fear because there is nothing there.
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I have conflicting ideas on what comes after death. It's all so unknown, it does scare me a little.
  5. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey hun :hug: i hope you're feeling okay
    i suppose it's good not to be afraid of the afterlife, but it's best to concentrate on making this life as good as it can be :smile: how about that? you talk about having good years before you die in your next lives.. what years were these and what makes you feel the ones now aren't?
    thinking of you :heart: triggs xx
  6. touglytobeloved

I had less problems till 10 years ago. And i had some good and bad moments, as every other person in this world. Since then, only bad moments and good memories left.
  7. chickee

chickee Active Member

I completely agree. It's scary because it's unknown.
  8. Hitomi

Hitomi Well-Known Member

I hope for option number 1 that when we die that's it. I am terrified of there actually being an afterlife (heaven, hell doesn't matter) I don't want an eternity ANYWHERE
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm also hoping for number one!! The other ideas scare me :unsure:
  10. Hitomi

Hitomi Well-Known Member

I agree so much. Just the idea of eternity in any place is a horrifying thought. and reincarnation....well that's just making us living through all this over and over again.
  11. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I think I like the idea of reincarnation.maybe next time around I will be different because of the people around me and my surroundings in my formative years. Fingers crossed!
  12. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i'm sorry you feel this way but good things could still happen :hug: please try and get through this - we'll try our best to help you! have you got a therapist you could talk to about how you feel? maybe that would be a good idea?
    thinking of you :heart: triggs xx
  13. touglytobeloved

I dont have any mental problems, so therapist cant help. THe doctors dont know the cure, so i will be like this to the rest of my life (i hope it wont be long), and i will be emotionally worse day after day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.