• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Why is everyone an empath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Before you were rescued by your comrade, I might have told you something. But when something gets heated we should just bail, right? I'm out.
i hope you can calm down a little. what do you enjoy doing that makes your life just a little better?..mike

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
You can always look back on people's previous posts, if you were so inclined. You get the "not a junkie" vibe from Aurelia because she's well informed about psychology but ... she's got an interesting past as well.
I guess that's the draw, right?

Aurelia

Over a low sun, undo the undone.
Lol? Are you actually laughing out loud???? Wow, you're easily immused.

Why are you taking such a specific line of questioning out on an open thread? Perhaps you're a spook?? :)
Actually, yeah. Some of the shit you say does make me laugh out loud. Not that particular time with the drugs, but the "spook" comment definitely got me. And you're right, I do tend to get easily amused at times. Though, ironically, I also easily get bored.

Aurelia

Over a low sun, undo the undone.
By the way, if you're worried that I'm going to try to psychoanalyze you because I told you I was taking a psych course, I promise you that I'm not. I'm merely trying to converse with you, as I find you interesting.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Actually, yeah. Some of the shit you say does make me laugh out loud. Not that particular time with the drugs, but the "spook" comment definitely got me. And you're right, I do tend to get easily amused at times. Though, ironically, I also easily get bored.
So you admit you laugh at me.

extraterrestrialone

untwisting the pretzel
SF Supporter
since there isn't a group or person out there i consider completely beyond redemption
do you think your empathy would not then have been circumvented
i suspect those people up for consideration for being reviled are people who themselves suffer as much as each they hurt times the number of people they have hurt. such suffering sets them apart and may isolate them (said attempting nonjudgementally on my part anyway) into a place where reform may not even be possible. that then creates something like a weight dragging us all (society) down. by my thinking, it is necessary to counter that weight. imagining one is empathic is one way to attempt this. it may be folly but it is sincere with good intent as well. in certain ways i am one of those of “folly”. i attempt to promulgate the word and meaning of “compassion” i don’t attach it to belief systems. but i so find the theme a worthwhile one to be attached to. i think it touches other people in a good way. but in conversation just yesterday when speaking to my therapist, i considered thoughts and ideas that would surely raise some eyebrows if spoken aloud in public for their possibly compassion opposite theme.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I have just tracked through the six pages of posts here and I feel that it has reached the point where the original poster has been so consistently baited and attacked by some of the other posts here that it is no longer possible to expect them to reply in a way that adheres to our rules. I am therefore closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00