why is it selfish?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lost_child, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

apprentely I'm selfish for wanting to die...why does it always have to be about other people? why do I have to do everything for everyone to make sure they happy..why can't anything be about me? How about how I feel? How about when I need a friend there all run away, if I was a friend then surly they wouldn't run when I needed to talk, or just have company.. How can I be selfish when I've tried so damn hard to make a better life, to change things about me.but i've failed. i

2. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Selfish is being concerned about your own welfare without regard for others. I guess suicide fits the bill -- you cause others pain in removing your own.

But like you said, it works both ways.

Its ok to be a little bit selfish anyway, everyone is to some degree. You have a right to care about your own pain.

I knew this guy whose parents both killed themselves. Were they selfish? Yes, definitely, they scarred their child for life.

I guess we all have to weigh the cost of our decisions on others. Everyone is a unique case.

3. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

I dont believe suicide is selfish! I think it does depend on the circumstances, ? if it is parents who kill themselves, then yes their act will have an effect on their children?

but if someone genuinly has no one to turn to, then its not selfish....
    People always think suicide is the easy way out...its not its so god damn hard to take ur own life!!!!

4. lost_child

I don't have children. so its all goooooooooooooooooood

5. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Because for some reason a lifetime of misery is infinitely less painful than two months of someone else grieving.
    And lets not forget those multinational banking corporations, the comparative pitence we owe them in debt is going to topple them as a company.

6. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

I attempted suicide some years ago when I was still living at home. I desperately wanted to die and I nearly got my wish when I took a massive OD.
    Afterwards I saw the harm I had caused. My little sister who was 16 at the time was badly affected and started cutting herself. I still feel the guilt. I never meant to cause her harm.

Sometimes we become so lost in our own pain, we lose sight of others.

7. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Wow that's pretty bad about your sister. It depends on the day whether I want to be here or not but I don't want my daughter to be affected if I decide to do it....but I know she will be affected tremendously. I just don't want her to follow in my footsteps. I want her to stay the happy little ten year old that she is now.

8. lost_child

the only effecting it caused of my family......well my mother gave me 200 solphadol and told me to do it properly next time, so erm yeah it won't cause her any problems.

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

That is a loaded complicated question you are asking yourself and others. I don't think people who commit suicide are meaning to be selfish. I think they are just in horrible pain and want to make it stop. Though, by someone killing them self it is leaving people behind to miss them and wonder why they could not have stopped the person from dying and having to live with that.

:hug:

Feel free to message me, hun, if you need to talk or would just like someone to chat with.

10. lost_child

Not my family it won't. they hate me, they will probably dance on my grave and sing that fat bitch has gone, yeah yeah...the fat bitch is dead, yeah yeah...they don't care for me. no1 does.

would you really want to chat to me, most people run a mile in the opposite direction.

11. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

We do want to chat with you. Drop by at the chat room some time :arms:

12. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

I think Carolyn meas what she says. We all do.

Suicide is only selfish to the person who thinks it is selfish.

What your mum did and said is not on hunny. Ignore what she has suggested.

Here if you need me. Txt or PM.

:hug:

Sam
    x

and use carolyn too. If she wants to help let her.

13. lost_child

I've tried chat before but get all confused with the different conversations...told ya i'm such a freak. I wish I could get out of this feeling. I wish I'd either lose the sucidal thoughts or just die cause I'm tired of feeling this way.

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi lost child,
    You have alot on your plate. It sounds like you need someone you can talk to honestly. You have been struggling with this for quite a while. Are you working or do you belong to any clubs? I know what a struggle it is. I'm sure you have read my posts. You know I isolate myself all the time. Well I finally came to terms that I was going to be like this for the rest of my life. What i'm getting at is you have some decisions to make. I hope you decide to stay with us!!
    If you can't make friends in the real world then make them in virtual reality. The only friends I have are here at the forum. And that is good enough with me. Please don't harm yourself. If nothing else you will hurt your family. Please be safe and if you need to, go to the hospital and tell them the truth that you are suicidal...:chopper:...

15. lost_child

I do work, but the work i do means I spend alot of time out of the office..so much so that even people that work there forget I work there. I have read some of your posts and am glad you have made friends here at sf. I have tried before to communicate with people, to be honest with them, to be honest with myself but I just lose the words and say "i'm fine" or push them away.

My family don't care for me, so why should I them. I've been the hospital before and they just left me in the waiting room, they don't care, they just see you as a waste of NHS money. oh I don't know. I'm so fed up feeling down, my meds have been increased, but i've not started taken them, i've saved them instead, why am I telling u this, I don't know. i'm sorry forget it, forget me. i'm just a miserable insignificant bitch, i'm sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.