Why is it so difficult

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jemm, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

I don't understand, my whole family is here, everyone is happy, and I'm sitting here like a jerk wishing for death. Why can't I just be happy, I'm so alone. Why? I feel like a Scrooge, I don't want to be this person anymore. Why do I always find comfort in solitude? I can't stop thinking that everyone would be so much better off without me. Honestly I know it's not true, my mind knows that as a fact, but I don't feel it. I just feel bad. I feel I am just a bad person, a worthless somebody that nobody should have to be around. Feels so bad to acknowledge that... But it's so true.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu are a good person hun you are special you are important don't let your mind tell you differently hun Keep telling your mind stop when it says things like that to you hugs
  3. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

There isn't any use... That voice is right. I'm in that dark place again, I fighting but there isn't any use, I never win.
  4. ratchet

ratchet New Member

it may feel that way. we all have our ups and downs. think about it this way, dont you have those moments where you feel as if youre the happiest person ever and dont want anything to change it?? those moments where you want to relive again and again. i know its cliche to say but focusing on the negative things in life will always make you feel more worse. you ARE worth it, you ARE better than the voices in your head. no one is looking at your 'flaws' because there are none. you're perfect OK, being you is PERFECT. even though the negative aspects on life seem like the easiest to focus on i swear to you it gets better. i feel like shit, i feel like theres no point on living sometimes. but its not that theres no point on living, we just see death as the easiest way to escape all of this. everything that seems to be so fucking wrong. but its NOT. talking about it just helps. i know im new here and havent really understood how to use this whole website you can talk to me about it privately or on here. i know i can relate. all the best xx
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Actually, those "voices" that say that are never correct. They are false ideas. I understand that it is very very difficult to not believe those thoughts. But the thoughts, that inner or outer voice is not correct. You really are not that voice. Even though you believe it. You are not what it defines. Its almost impossible for me to not identify with what I tell myself when that voice speaks louder than my true self. Which is very often.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.