Why is it so hard to die

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nanashikun, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanashikun

nanashikun Member

Today I finally managed to wake up at a reasonable time (fell asleep early last night, hurrah!). I've been spending the better part of my day thinking of ways to kill myself. I just want to get out of here. But why is it so hard to die? And there are such severe consequences for failure... I can't do anything right. Even if I try I'm just going to end up with permanent brain damage and kidney failure or something...

2. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

:hug: Do you want to talk about why you want to die?

3. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

the body is a tool for survival - unless compromised by significant illness it won't give up. the mind is not meant to override the body. suicie is not natural.
    there is an article on cracked.com about how hard it is to die by suicide. rather than mull over it, why not share how you got to consider it in the first instance?

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi whats going on talk okay let us know so we can help you. I hope you have some 3D help too. Talk to your doctor relatives friends but don't stay alone with these thoughts okay hugs:hugtackles::hugtackles:

5. DeAdwOrLD

DeAdwOrLD Well-Known Member

Why is it so hard to die? I think it's like warrabinda said, it is unnatural. It's why many people drink alcohol or other things before they do suicide. The psychological preparation it must take is too much for most people. Which is a good thing as I'm sure you'll agree. You've got be either severely depressed, anxious or very disturbed.

The average human being doesn't shift from one extreme state of mind to another. Reason, consciousness, empathy is hard wired into us making self destruction nearly impossible. Nearly; because people have and do complete suicide.

This site is pro life so I think it's best if we try to find a solution that works with our innate natural survival mechanism rather than against it. We're all hurting here for whatever reason or else we wouldn't be here. Talking here about suicide, discussing what is happening in our lives is one thing that might help us to better understand and find coping strategies along the way

talk to us when you need to

6. gamergirl

gamergirl Well-Known Member

i agree with you on that one! i've tried to kill myself many many times, all failed! :/ i guess the only way is to xxxx or something. but i think were all too chicken to do that...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  7. nanashikun

nanashikun Member

Hahahaha, actually, I have read that Cracked article xD But I kind of don't want to do anything anymore. I don't know what's wrong with me

8. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

It's too hard because it is not your time...

God wants you here for a reason...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.