Why is it so hard to get help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by talkingcrazy, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

My body is so exhausted from crying and feeling like I need to die. I'm so scared right now, and I don't know where to go for help. I've already tried posting other places, and no one helped me. Why is it so hard to find a friend or someone to talk to. I'm tired of existing.
  2. MisterBGone

You can talk to me. I'm listening. What's going on?
  3. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

I've just been struggling to find a way out of the hole I'm in. I leave the house many once every few weeks. I'm too scared. I quit my job and school and haven't done anything in the past nine months, I just lay in bed. It was my birthday on thursday and all of my friends forgot, and it just makes me feel like that was the last straw and I will never get through this. Life is pointless when you are alone.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You start by calling your doctor ok do that for YOU hun You tell your doctor what is going on so you can be referred to therapy or given some meds to help decrease anxiety ok
    You do not have to fight that darkness alone hugs
  5. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

I don't have a doctor :( I dont have any insurance or money at the moment.
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

It sounds like what is scary for you is the prospect of needing to conclude there is no point to living, am I right? So you find yourself immobilised in bed hoping that things will get better and that life will start making more sense for you to give you a future and a hope. Well done for reaching out and asking for some pointers-in-the-right-direction, - talking things through helps you to know that there are people who do care, and can offer you some guidance and advice, and you will begin to feel heaps better by knowing that there are those listening ears who are wishing the very best for you. PM me if you'd like to :)
  7. MisterBGone

There may be community health services of some sort to help you out professionally... Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how it all works, but I believe that others around here do (so hopefully they will see this & say something). Are there any activities you feel up to getting involved in? Something to get you out and about and provide some structure to the day--give you something to focus on & something to do? Is there any way you might find it in you to volunteer? I know it sounds daunting if you've not done it before, but you'd be amazed at the positive effects and benefits it can have on you, just by lending someone else a hand... As for friends, I sometimes wonder if that's what they're there for--to let you down!
  8. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

I dunno. Joining activities means meeting new people which is kind of scary. I mean I also wouldn't even know where to start. I agree on the friends thing, since everyone always lets me down, which makes me wonder why its even worth it to have friends.
  9. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Hi talkingcrazy, I am sorry you feel this pain right now. If your in the states there will be discount or free medical services that should be able to help. This depends on were you are for how much they may be able to help. You can try this site for that, findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/‎, sorry i do not know how to copy a link or Google low cost clinics. I found one last fall that would of cost me $20 with free meds/therapy but I was to afraid to ask for help. Not good, it only got worse with being untreated. I hope you can find some help for this as this is not something to go through without help. This site has been very helpful for me and it will be for you. There are always people to listen and give support here, but professional help is necessary as well. I am on meds, in therapy, and use this site for support and barely get through the day. So please look into. Sorry about the long reply . Wishing you well and that your pain eases.
  10. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to sign up for free healthcare because I'm in the states but its been a slow process. I just don't wknow how long i can make it before i finally can see someone
  11. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Life is tough but seek help. Keep posting here as we all can get through our problems together. Take care.
  12. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

13. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Instead of tryinhg to sign up online for the insurance ,call the 800 number for your state. Feel free to PM me what state and county and I will message you back with the 800 number for signing up which can all be done with one call on phone if you are still having difficulties online. They will also have county mental health services which are either free or on a sliding scale to get an appointment through though these usually have a little longer wait than the private services of course. The important thing is to get started on the process - everyday you put it off is just another day before you get added to the list for services. Though finding motivation and getting over anxiety enough to get started can be difficut, if you just write it down and follow a plan it will help. "Today at 2:00 PM I am going to call the insurance center at 800 xxx-xxxx " then set a goal for "tomorrow at 10:00 I am going to call 211 (social services direct lines) and ask them for the contact numbers for my community mental health services" . Put it in writing as a plan and follow the plan. It may be a little scary to do but you will feel so much better just having a plan for action it should make up for it.
  14. MisterBGone

Well, there's the old saying, "If you can't change your friends, then it's time to change friends!" :) As for the activities: what kinds of interests do you have? Or what types of things do you think you might be interested in? Something that you've always wanted to try, but never got the chance to? Yes, it's normal to feel uneasy about meeting new people but if you come from a place of common interests, that obviously helps! Plus, if you go somewhere where there are perceived experts, someone will most likely be overly happy to help you (show you the ropes). :D Good Luck!
  15. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

Thanks thats really helpful I will PM you.
  16. talkingcrazy

talkingcrazy Member

It might be really stupid by my biggest interest is movies, other than that I just play games and surf online. Not that interesting. I would like to read more books, or run more or hike, but I don't think I'll ever have to self-confidence to run outdoors. I don't know what I could talk to people about, without them thinking I'm boring. I'm trying to teach myself programming, but I keep getting lost and putting it off.
  17. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Lots potential for new friends tgere!

A reading and book club. Share interests and duscuss what this weeks book was like. Meet up in a fruendly similar interest envuroment.

Running groups are good too. Plenty with different performance levels and aims. Some just to be a bit more energetic and healthy. Sone for marathons for charity.

And if you have computer skills, how about joining groups that need to learn from your skills? Lots inexperienced young and old people need to learn basic use of internet or computing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.