Why is it so hard

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Why do schools make getting help so hard? I tried to book an appointment with a counselor, but I was told to call back in January to book an appointment then. I also emailed the advisor for my program and responded to his email right away but I still haven't heard back from him. Why does no one care, it's like I don't exist.

2. Flaxney

Flaxney Well-Known Member

It sounds as if the counselor is not doing his/her/relevant gender pronoun job. Perhaps you should contact your student representative and ask them for assistance. Failing that, threaten them with the media. Then they might listen to you.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry that it is going to take that long to see a counsellor? Is going private,seeing one privately an option for you right now? You deserve to be helped!

4. Rockclimbinggirl

I think the counsellors are doing their jobs, I just don't get why I can't book a January appointment now. But if they give me this much trouble about booking an appointment in January, I will do something about it.

5. Rockclimbinggirl

As I'm about to go home for Christmas break, no private isn't really an option right now.

6. Petal

I'm sorry. Do you think you will be okay until that January appointment? You have us, you can e-mail the samaritans, use your local crisis team if things get really bad. I'm sorry you are stuck in this situation, it sucks but we can only do our best :)

7. Rockclimbinggirl

Thanks Petal, I think I'll be alright since my exams will be over and I'll be at home. But I don't have an appointment yet, they told me to call back to book it in January.

8. Petal

Oh I see. Well that's a downer, but doesn't mean you won't be seen in January. I hope you will be for sure, if they cannot give you an appointment for january then they can put you down for cancellation ones. I'm glad you think you will be okay and you're very welcome :)