Why is it wrong to wish that egotists deserve to be lonely instead of myself?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Ldub20, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I know it makes ME sound like an egotist (kind of impossible not to sound like one when you are wishing other people would suffer the way you are suffering) but when somebody believes they are above the rules, are right about everything, believe their opinion (on anything) is the only one that matters, and dismiss the views of other people, doesn't that person deserve a rude awakening? I think that rude awakening is loneliness!

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I believe that most of the people of the type you describe "somebody believes they are above the rules, are right about everything, believe their opinion (on anything) is the only one that matters, and dismiss the views of other people" are very likely already lonely people.

3. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

you arent alone here buddy!!

4. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Well I must ask this why do you have this obsession with people who are so called egotists?

5. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Probably b/c I live with one Ian

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I would agree Ldub - a self-inflicted loneliness because of choosing to be self-referential - nothing outside of their experience exists etc. = results in others feeling unwanted, so they don't want to be near the self-referential person = who ends up lonely. But, they may not even realise or consider this loneliness to be a problem - they may like it that way, all the while considering that it is only their opinion that's right

People who are only children often have to become more aware of this problem - not having had to consider the views of any siblings, etc. And that, coupled with an extroverted personality can result in being considered egotistical.

7. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

It's not really wrong, but it's nasty… and it makes you seem bitter. It doesn't really matter why you're wishing bad things on other people, just the fact that you are wishing bad things on other people makes you seem hateful.

Just let it go and focus on getting what you want for yourself. You'll never be happy if you're too focused on others.