why is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammockmonkey

that when things seem to be going so well i feel so low. i mean, i don't have close friends were i live now, but i have some friends. i have meet a few girls. i like what i'm doing in class. i'm focused. but then, it just hits me.

i'm lower than i've been in awhile. i feel scared to go out and talk to people. scared to keep my end up. i know that i have issues with connecting with people, i've never really understood why. i want to tell people what i think. and i do most times, until the ask about me. then its just . . . silence or lies. turn the subject around, try and make a joke. order a round. get a drink.

i really just want to know, why don't i trust people?

gentlelady

Staff Alumni
Trust issues usually develop because of something in your past. I cannot begin to guess what these might be. For some people, it takes longer to learn to trust than others. Some trust too easily and end up getting hurt over and over again. Others choose not to trust to avoid getting hurt, but this only hurts them in the long run. It isn't easy to share things about yourself either. It's easier to avoid than to admit. We have all types of coping mechanisms we put in place. I hope you do find at least one confidant you can share with when you need to. :hug:

Zurkhardo

Shes right, its more likely from past experiences. Whether it is or isn't though, trust can only be won if your willing to go out there and risk trusting people. Once you convince your subconcious of the worthy of trust, then perhaps you'll get accustomed to it and not let it stricken you.

Perhaps you may begin with us :)

hammockmonkey

i don't like the risk. i mean its safer to not trust to keep at arms length even those peoplee you really like. then, if shit goes bad they can't hurt you.

Its weird because in my head i hear what i should say, the words just don't come out of my mouth. Sometimes it feels like i'm screaming. i still don't say what i'm thinking.

there might be something in my past, i think i just repressed it or something. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00