why is it

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by hollowvoice, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

why is it when a method gets into your head you cant forget it and then you cant remember or think of anything else
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

because in your mind thats your escape from the pain and nothing else matters. But key is to just push past it and try to force some sort of happy thought into your head. like maybe a coping method. A way to deal with the depression instead of harming yourself.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have learned to address my SI first thing in the morning.. I tell it you won't have me today and sort of lock it away in a closet.. The only way it works is if I take something negative out of the closet and work on switching it to a positive thought..Sounds corny I know but it works for me...
  4. hollowvoice

thank you for your replys i do try to push past the depression i can go all day without self harm sometimes but today i was on such a downer i went looking around the floor of my car hoping i could find a shard sharp enough to hurt me and calm me down a bit i had just sat at a junction watching a bus approach i just sat there in my car thinking i could pull out in front of this bus and maybe that would be it at the least id end up in hospital but reality took over and i thought about the people on the bus etc i dont want to hurt others just me always just me others dont deserve the pain whereas i do
  5. hollowvoice

why do we bother waiting
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

You do NOT deserve this pain you feel internally.

You are a good, good soul.

7. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Hollowvoice, Im sorry your feeling down, and I hope you beat that SH impulse and went on about your day.

Remember what you told me when I wanted to do the same thing (i used truck instead of bus). You told me that even with all the pain that we are in, we can not take that pain and put it on someone else lap.

I hope your day today has been better and look forward to talking to you. Missed Ya!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.