Why is ther suffering in the world?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Daphna, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I used to ask myself this question continually throughout my life. One night I begged Yahweh [name of creator] to use my life to help end the suffering and he replied. He lead me to his word [bible]; which I never bothered to read before then, and he taught me all the knowledge inside. Now I know why there is suffering and I know how I can be part of ending it for myself personally and others.
    If you are where I used to be, and by chance you feel as I do. Please do as I have and pray for his understanding and read his entire word [bible], and it is up to you what to do with what you learn. Open your mind, and forget all the past feelings you have about this book and give it an honest chance with a unbiased mind and the information will blow you away! As he says, "Ask and you shall receive." I'm living proof of this! Blessings..

Why do you think the world suffers? And do you want to be apart of making it better?

2. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

So that we may appreciate pleasure more. Everything has its opposite.

:anony:

4. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Because humans are humans and thus are imperfect - and imperfect beings cannot live perfect lives - thus conflicts happen.

5. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

500 years ago the world was mostly involved in some sort of religion or other and there was suffering now.

Now in 2011 there are less people involved in religion and guess what exactly the same.

6. hi my name is

hi my name is Well-Known Member

could we develop compassion if there was no suffering?

7. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

According to your holy book, it will never end because Satan has free reign over the Earth, and sin is ever present. Do you even know what you're talking about?

I form the light and create darkness,
    I bring prosperity and create disaster;
    I, the LORD, do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7

8. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Lol! THAT's one quote from the bible I've never seen...:blink:

Some people are holding onto 'religious orientated' ways of life, while not practicing any form of organised religion. That and our governments subconciously still hold 'discriminatory' grudges against various people within society, and other countries. Advancements have also been made in different parts of life/civilization that can create conflicting situations resulting in war etc.

Excuse me? How is that even possible? It basically says that I should die because of who I am. You really have no idea how fucked up the bible is.

9. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, I can think of two potential answers to this question.

1. Conscious beings evolved the capacity for (physical) suffering because it promotes evolutionary fitness. An animal that avoids danger and injury because it fears the consequent suffering is far more likely to survive and reproduce than an animal that has no subjective reaction (or a positive reaction) to those sorts of stimuli. Do a search on "congenital insensitivity to pain" and you'll see what I mean.

2. We all have desires and preferences, and when our desires and preferences are frustrated, we experience suffering on some level or another. Because the universe is indifferent to human feelings, our desires are not always met, and so all conscious beings will invariably suffer. This is essentially the view held by Buddhists, among many others.

It seems to me that some form of suffering will always exist as long as there is consciousness in the universe, which fortunately won't be the case forever (although it might still be an unfathomably long time sub specie humanitatis).

10. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

If you believe that everything is contained in "ONE", there has to be an equal proportion of positive and negative to balance each other out and make the "ONE" stable (Matter><Anti-matter, Positive><Negative).

Can this be transported onto what we humans call suffering? I dont think anybody knows but it makes sense to me, somewhat!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.